deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: monoblack help for returning player  (Read 323 times)

Rock45

• Decks
monoblack help for returning player
« on: July 23, 2022, 09:33:22 pm »
hello everyone, im in need for some reviews and some help to improbe my mono black deck. It seems that my friends and me are going to start playing again and im very happy about it. As the title says its been a while since i played magic, and looking again at my monoblack, i been thinking ways of improbing it. I have alot of black cards that  i would like to usem  but i dont know what to change  from my deck, so i was lookinkg for some help so i can get the best version of my deck

https://deckstats.net/decks/211056/2644958-monoblack-rock45

Personal Thoughts
When i created ,the deck i was thinking in a pure creature killing monoblack ,then as time passed ,i made some little changes in it ,so it can have more alternatives ( like adding Hymn to Tourach).
Looking at my cards, i was  thinking that adding Nantuko Shade and Hypnotic Specter would be good. Maybe the Bonehoard would be usefull too, i have alot of creature killing ways. Maybe changing the Carnifex Demon would be better for the deck (but i remeber doing some nice combos with them).
I will keep the Order of the Ebon Hand  for sideboard ( i never got black knights). I  never thought in adding some Terror because a lot of my friends have decks with black creatures.

So, what do you guys think? how can i make the best version of this deck with the cards that i have?

Edit : i made a mistake and put some of the maybeboard cards into the deck, so it was like 70 cards, i corrected it now.

thnks everyone for reading :)

« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 10:14:00 pm by Rock45 »

M1lli2000

• Decks
Re: monoblack help for returning player
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2022, 10:20:25 pm »
Hey there Rock!

The deck looks great and very focused around removal. However, we do have to remember that only killing things won't win you the game alone. One of the biggest problems with having such a removal heavy deck is that it usually is a 1 for 1. Meaning, every threat they present, you must answer with a whole resource. You won't always have removal in hand, and having no threats of your own often leaves you slowing the game down. My first advice is to add some lands. In most cases with the average mana cost of your deck, 20 is very low. Add about 3 to 5 more lands. Dark Ritual isn't necessary. It may seem awesome to cast a removal spell with it, but that means you are wasting two cards where you could've spent one. Duress is also very situational as sometimes. If you aren't playing against people that play noncreature spells primarily, it will often be a dead card in hand.
Otherwise, the deck seems solid! Keep playing and testing to see what you like, what you might add, and what you might change.

Good luck!

Rock45

• Decks
Re: monoblack help for returning player
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2022, 07:17:03 pm »
M1lli2000, ty alot for the review. I will do some changes based on your review.
im thinking in taking out the Dark Ritual ( they where in the deck for playing the Carnifex Demon quicker), and maybe some Duress.
i will probably add Bonehoard and Nantuko Shade or Hypnotic Specter.
i need to test the deck with 2 or 3 more lands.