deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: 8 Rack - Comments  (Read 154 times)

Comment Bot

8 Rack - Comments
« on: July 24, 2022, 07:14:34 am »

HeadphoneCatty

• Nothing is too absurd to be real
  • Decks
Re: 8 Rack - Comments
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2022, 07:14:34 am »
I love seeing new 8Rack players!

Some cards that are worth the investment are Inquisition of Kozilek, Thoughtseize, and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth. A little pricey but they can help a ton with single-target discard and making your black-mana-intensive mana base work well with your man lands. Liliana of the Veil is not a cheap card, but if you don't mind the extra mana Liliana, Waker of the Dead works just as good if not better than her 3-mana cousin and even has a sick ult that by itself can win you the game.

For extra discard I also like Wrench Mind in a not-artifact-heavy meta and Raven's Crime makes use of your extra lands if you've already topped out on your curve.
People talk about Urza's Saga for 8Rack and in my experience it's not great but if you can afford a few you might have a better experience than I did when I was testing.

Rootin' for ya! Rock the [heck] on!

Rocker19800

• Decks
Re: 8 Rack - Comments
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2022, 08:26:08 am »
Currently 8-Rack is not a good Modern deck. I play it also, but with less success. You have alsmost no chance against creature heavy decks.
In your list the main important cards are missing as already written by HeadphoneCatty. You can also check out the version with Urza's Saga as a tutor for your racks.