deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Yisan's Balad Primer (cEDH)  (Read 1701 times)

Jocavipi

• Decks
Yisan's Balad Primer (cEDH)
« on: August 26, 2022, 03:15:27 pm »
Hi everybody,

Here is my Yisan Mid-Range Creature primer.

I look forward to your suggestions and constructive criticism.

https://deckstats.net/decks/136009/1731089-yisan-s-balad-cedh-/es#show_description
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 08:33:03 pm by Jocavipi »

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: Yisan's Balad Primer (cEDH)
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 04:21:43 pm »
You'll want to add #show_description to the end of the URL so the primer description shows up in the forum post.

Wouldn't you want snow-covered forests so you don't need to rely on having Boreal Druid to pay for Mouth of Ronom?

What lines of play would you go for against an Underworld Breach combo?

You suggested that decks tech against Aven Mindcensor, Linvala, and Containment priest if they appear in the reader's meta. What tech pieces would you recommend?

From the sounds of your primer, Yisan has a hard time answering the current cEDH meta, as you need to rely on other decks at the table having an answer to Ad Nauseam and Thassa's Oracle. Yisan also isn't as fast as other decks, so racing isn't an option. In what situations and pod compositions does Yisan shine? What decks does Yisan have a favorable matchup against?

Wrapping this up, there are a few cards where I'd like to know why you're not using them. Exploration and Sakura-Tribe Scout were both mentioned in the primer, but they are absent from your list. Would you use Heroic Intervention for boardwipe protection and just general protection? Could Blast Zone and Nature's Claim also work as a way to eliminate hate pieces?

Jocavipi

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 08:53:44 pm »
I actually do use Snow-Covered Forest in the deck, I've made the change in the Decklist.

Underworld Breach, and Thoracle Consultation can be responded with Endurance, what I do when playing against other faster players is hold back a little the verse 3 so I can respond to a quick win like that. You have to rely on stax pieces at the beginning to get the Yisan engine running, decks that run Thoracle Consultation usually don’t respond that we to creature spells and searching in verse one for Sylvan Safekeeper is your best defense through the entire game.

Aven Mindcensor, Linvala and Containment Priest are strong weakness for this deck, that is why I run Kogla, the Titan Ape, Somberwald Stag, Ulvenwald Tracker, Song of the Dryads, Lignify, Beast Within and Mouth of Ronom to take care of that cards.

Usually other players are more invested on searching and protecting their combos, or holding back answers for other player combos and don’t focus that much in the mono green deck, that is what I love about Yisan, once you can protect it from being targeted, you don’t have to cast anything else for the resto of the game and just respond with its ability.

I don’t use Exploration because this deck ramps very fast and Burgeoning is much better choice because you can use it to bounce a forest and play it every turn, the same is true with Sakura-Tribe Scout but I took it out to make room for stronger new cards in the deck.

Finally, I wouldn’t use Heroic Intervention although is a great card for Boardwipes, because I focus on single target answers like Veil of Summer and Autumn’s Veil. Nature’s Claim is one more piece to remove Artifacts or enchantments and the decks has a lot of it already I could addition Blast Zone

KingKia

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2022, 05:13:25 pm »
Hi  Jocavipi,
the primer seems to be a copy of https://www.moxfield.com/decks/ilvW7g3hsUio09K2gLuDmg/primer
I don't know why you want to copy a primer and sell it as your own primer.

I know that cedh decks with the same commander play 80-85% the same cards. But it's very weak to simply copy and paste a primer from someone else.