deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Webcams for quarantine MTG  (Read 1473 times)

barkbomes9

• Decks
Webcams for quarantine MTG
« on: May 05, 2020, 03:57:15 pm »
Hey everyone, my play group has been playing for years and as people moved away or had babies and became less Mobil, we had some people Skype in. The webcam most of then use is currently out of stock and I don’t even know how much it usually is. Does anyone have a good suggestion of a camera. Those with webcams have still been Skyping in and playing weekly and I miss it. I’m trying to not break the bank though because both of my jobs (including the one with all of my training and degree) have shut down due to COVID-19. Just trying to join back in and any advice helps...

1C4RU5

• Decks
Re: Webcams for quarantine MTG
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 05:24:21 pm »
I can't recommend a particular webcam but a smartphone camera. When using an app like ip webcam you can use the smartphone as a compensastion for a webcam.
My playgroup uses discord atm for playing mtg. For this solution my smartphone camera works fine and has even better technical specs than my old webcam.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 07:06:54 pm »
Yeah, any smartphone/tablet/laptop camera should be fine these days. If you want something nicer the Logitech C920 is quite good, but it's not particularly cheap.

terminalgeek

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 12:20:09 am »
With recent events, good webcams are hard to find when I started looking. I've had success just using my iphone, an app that turns it into a webcam (i.e. EpocCam HD), and a fatpack turned into a stand.

thinkapplenine

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 01:43:04 pm »
I highly suggest using Cockatrice. It is a free, open source MTG desktop software that allows you to create your decks virtually.

paulusdeboself

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2021, 08:12:10 am »
There are apps to use your phone as webcam, i use Iriun, so that's one more app you could try.

If you play commander (and I think you ould use itfor other formats as well), you can use Spelltable.com. It has an build-in option to use your smartphone as a camera and it has a card database alsobuild in. Even if the 'point and search' option doesn't work you stillcan search for thecards your opponents played, so youcan read them better than on screen on thebattlefield.

MagicLars89

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2021, 02:34:13 pm »
I'm going along with the opinions of the other users.
I would also use my phone, considering the fact, that the cameras are very good nowadays. A tripod could be helpfull for that use.

I can recommend the discord-App where you can have a meeting with you friends, with or without camera.
Magie ist gleich Wille mal Vorstellung minus Zweifel.

- Andreas Tenzer

mandelvid

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2022, 10:41:31 pm »
The key for managing lighting is to remember the way that reflections work and that the "angle of reflection equals angle of incidence".

Think of it this way: picture your camera, your light and a card on your playmat as 3 points. If you draw a line from your light source to your card and then bounce off of your card at the same angle it came in at, does it come close to your camera? If so, you're probably going to have some glare. vidmate.app saveinsta
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 07:44:49 pm by mandelvid »