deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Biotransference!  (Read 215 times)

anjinsan

• Decks
Biotransference!
« on: September 24, 2022, 11:16:18 am »
Biotransference

This card seems cool, weird, combo-y and janky. What cool things can be done with it?

Turning creatures onto artifacts is kind of a narrow Mycosynth Lattice effect. It lets you do lots of stuff (improvise, affinity, Clock of Omens, Unwinding Clock, etc) but we kind of already know about that. What's more interesting is the Conspiracy effect on things not on the battlefield.

This means artifact tutors, artifact recursion, and even Karn, the Great Creator's return-from-exile power should work on creatures too now. Cool (we're already in black though so we have generic tutors and creature recursion already). Also, on-cast effects for artifacts apply to creatures now as they're artifacts even before they enter the battlefield, plus Mirrodin Besieged.

People are obviously talking about Trazyn the Infinite since he comes from 40k too. At first I thought of Mairsil the Pretender, but he can already do creatures. But, how about Mishra, Artificer Prodigy? Sadly he only puts onto the battlefield so no double necron tokens, but all the tricks you can normally do with him now work with creatures too. As I'm typing this it also occurs to me that this is a keystone for a (very fragile?) Mishra Shadowborn Apostles deck!  :D

I'm sure, though, that there is funkier stuff that can be done with this card. Any ideas?