deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Gyruda, CEDH Mill Primer  (Read 1038 times)

reynarok

• Patron
  • Decks
Gyruda, CEDH Mill Primer
« on: September 28, 2022, 03:11:54 am »
Hello all,

I have drafted a primer for Gyruda, an underrated mill commander. Feel free to comment constructively, or groan about mill decks.

GYRUDA, MILL MONSTER

https://deckstats.net/decks/113035/1639854-gyruda-grave-robber

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: Gyruda, CEDH Mill Primer
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 02:57:38 pm »
I have some questions, in no particular order.

On what turn does this deck typically threaten a win? Not how fast it can potentially win. Just give me a rough average. Also related, what turn can you expect to first cast Gyruda?

What is your reason for excluding Thassa's Oracle combos?

Would you be able to describe the Mortuary combo in the primer? Combos are not always self-explanatory to all people.

How is this deck affected by the stax decks in cEDH? Are there any stax pieces that you need to get rid of?

How good is this deck against other combo decks like Food Chain, Ad Nauseam, or Underworld Breach lines? Are you able to race these decks, or do you have tools to stop them from winning?

Wouldn't a flicker effect or Displacer Kitten work better than Strionic Resonator?

Does the small tutor package hurt this deck, or is it able to function just fine with what it has? I have a similar question regarding the ramp package.

Do you have a specific combo line with Razaketh, or is he just there as a tutor?

To finish this up, I'm wondering why you're not using these cards:

Arcane Signet
Force of Will
Mana Drain
Mana Vault
Mystic Remora and Rhystic Study
Talisman of Dominance