English-language Forums > Commander Deck Reviews

Delina, Wild Mage

(1/2) > >>

Landale:
Delina, Wild Mage

Basically a mono-red dragon deck, though perhaps a bit light on the dragons since most of the good ones are out of color or rather pricey. Meaning half the wincons are unfortunately not Dragons.
The main idea is to get out at least one of my luck manipulation cards, Krark's Other Thumb is rule 0'd in with my group, though I sub it out for Reckless Barbarian when people don't want to deal with me rolling 2-6 dice for every die I'd have rolled otherwise.
After that I try to win by damage ETBs from Fanatic of Mogis, Storm Caller, Red Dragon, or by stealing everyone's artifacts with a swarm of Hellkite Tyrant. Harmonic Prodigy helps with the former two options by not only allowing Delina to trigger twice and net even more of them, which helps all around, but also doubling their own ETBs. I've also occasionally managed wins off of Hellkite Igniter swarms boosted by the metric ton of treasure the deck pumps out.
I'm toying with the idea of working in Clockwork Fox to enable better Jeska's Will ramp in the second main phase, along with drawing a ton of cards, but giving opponents cards is still a pretty big gamble I'm not sure I should take.
Similarly, I'm thinking of working in Blasphemous Act to pair with Wrathful Red Dragon as another wincon, though it not being instant is kind of a bummer as I can't stack up a bunch of WRDs and keep them long enough to get a ton of triggers off of each hit.

Any advice or recommendations, preferably not exceeding $10, are welcome.

Landale:

Revision 2

Added/removed cards:
-1 Storm Caller
-1 Unexpected Windfall
+1 Birgi, God of Storytelling // Harnfel, Horn of Bounty
+1 Emberwilde Captain

Thinking on it, Storm Caller just takes too much work. Swapped for Birgi for an early mana cushion or a late impulse draw. Theoretically I could also duplicate her a ton of times, pop out Sarkhan's Triumph, then use the mana from all of her triggers to drop in a dragon right away in my next main phase.
Swapped out Unexpected Windfall for Emberwilde Captain for another repeatable draw, plus a deterrent toward attacking me. The loss of one Treasure card isn't going to hurt me too much I'd think.

Landale:

Revision 4

Added/removed cards:
-1 Arcane Signet
-1 Brazen Dwarf
+1 Chaos Warp
+1 Priority Boarding
+1 War Room

Changed amounts:
-1 Mountain

Attempting to improve odds of drawing cards, since I find I tend to end up burning through my hand. Added a Chaos Warp to improve instant speed interaction, instead of just etb removal.

Landale:

Revision 25

Added/removed cards:
-1 Exhibition Magician
-1 Xorn
+1 Arni Metalbrow
+1 Kolaghan Warmonger

As underwhelming as the Aftermath set is, it has two nice new toys for Delina that I plan on putting in as soon as possible. Not on this site yet so an explanation:
Arni Metalbrow allows you to pay 1R whenever a creature you control attacks or enters attacking to put another creature from your hand that costs less in to play tapped and attacking. This allows for some rather large chains of creatures when copying high cost dragons.
Kolaghan Warmonger is a creature with haste that digs 6 deep in search of a dragon when it attacks, making it a decent bit of selective draw. Hopefully more than once, but even if it dies on the first swing it's cheap enough that I think it's a good deal.

Landale:

Revision 29

Added/removed cards:
-1 Myriad Landscape
-1 Voldaren Thrillseeker
+1 Bonders' Enclave
+1 Eye of Vecna

More attempts at fixing the deck's inability to keep cards in hand.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version