English-language Forums > Commander Discussion

What's the worst card you've ever put in a constructed deck?

(1/3) > >>

CleanBelwas:
I noticed the other night that one phrase that I keep uttering on game night is "This might be the worst card I've ever put in a commander deck".

Obviously they can't all be the worst and I'm being hyperbolic, but it does present an interesting question.

Sometimes we include cards that are bad in a vacuum but have other synergies that make them less bad. Things like Zuran Orb. Absolutely not worth a card slot if you're not doing broken things with it. Hell, I've even played Juju Bubble because it has other synergies.

What I want to know is what the worst card you ever put in a deck without it having those additional synergies or utility.

I'll offer some of mine without context. These are all cards I took the time to put in a sleeve, shuffle in among 98 other cards and tap my lands to unironically cast (or play, seeing as one of them is a land).

Giant Albatross
Marjhan
Bloodrage Brawler
Nantuko Shrine
Celestial Prism
Rhystic Cave
Call of the Nightwing
Aven Trooper

Does anyone have anything worse than those?

Bonethousand:
100% the worst card I used to run in a Naya big creatures deck for YEARS was Worldgorger Dragon. Thank God we didn't understand the stack back then, because this thing always caught a Doom Blade to the face the moment I played it.

Morganator 2.0:
I've tried using Solemn Simulacrum a few times.

In all seriousness I did try using Reversal of Fortune in a deck where the focus was casting your opponents spells. It was terrible. There were a lot of times where the targeted player had no instants/sorceries in hand. If there was something, it was never worth the 6 mana. Jace's Mindseeker and Talent of the Telepath also had that problem.

I used Perplex for a while. Awful. It was mostly used as a tutor after a bit.

I thought that Timesifter could be fun. It was not.

Daring Thief was also in a "Steal opponents' things" deck. It either wouldn't attack, or it would die in combat.

anjinsan:
Daring Thief works pretty well in my Nihiloor deck!  :D

ApothecaryGeist:

--- Quote from: CleanBelwas on October 24, 2022, 01:21:04 pm ---
Marjhan
Bloodrage Brawler
Nantuko Shrine
Celestial Prism
Rhystic Cave
Call of the Nightwing
Aven Trooper

--- End quote ---

I can think of (bad) reasons to play these.

--- Quote from: CleanBelwas on October 24, 2022, 01:21:04 pm ---
Giant Albatross

--- End quote ---

This one has me stumped.  What kind of crazy thing were you trying to accomplish?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version