Forums français [French-language Forums] > [fr] Demandes de Revues de Decks

[EDH / Commander] Charge counters IS playable!

(1/1)

themarxist:
Charge counters IS playable!

I tried to make a silly charge counter edh deck for a while now, starting with a tawnos version that truly was pitifulll.
Every single player in my pod mocked me, but i'll show them! I'll show them the wrath of a brewer that had 2 years to fully charge up!

Now, and with this deck, I'm fully charged and I'll gladly allow anyone that chooses to follow the path of the divine charge to zap anyone that still finds this powerfull (if given time to charge) mechanic risible.

The main way this deck plays out is rather simple, use your commander to help you set up quickly, charging up takes time and tempo is the most important thing in commander (appart for having fun of course!). Once you've got some of the key pieces like Energy Chamber, Coretapper or Geometric Nexus in play use their abilities to charge up the main threats (they look silly but trust me, they pack a punch) that Dragonspark Reactor, Shrine of Burning Rage or Geistflame Reservoir.

If you don't really like zapping, how about some mill? Grindclock uses charge counters after all and we can use Power Conduit, Surge Node and Dismantle to transfer some of our plentifull charge counters on it.

Do you enjoy playing alone? Then try to assemble a combo with Magister's scepter to get infinite turns while creating an army of golems with Golem Foundry!

This deck being izzet based allows you to have access to a lot of interaction on the stack to protect you and your artifacts and to have a great access to draw.

Retturub:
You should change it to riku because then you can double up the charge counter generation.

Retturub:
oh wait nvm im thinking of energy counters

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version