Forums français [French-language Forums] > [fr] Demandes de Revues de Decks

[EDH / Commander] Ésix EDH

(1/1)

basilou:
Ésix EDH

Hello !
Any advice on my mana base? 👌 :D thanks a lot for your answer!

basilou:

Revision 9

Added/removed cards:
-1 (SB) Oko, Thief of Crowns

CallMeFox:
My partner Grall just made one of these; it's one of his nastiest decks, and I helped with the mana base and some mechanic decisions.
I like where you're going with this deck, and it's very different from where we went; I'll upload the decklist in a bit if you want to take a look. TOKENS!!!!!!!!!!
First thoughts:

Remove:
any token card that only creates 1 token a turn, or you waste Esix's ability and your own removal getting rid of it later.
Scute Swarm
Awakening Zone
Khalni Garden
Kessig Cagebreakers: too conditional
Hornet's Nest
Beast Within: it helps your opponent too much, unless you're planning on using it on your own creatures, which is unnecessary with how many tokens you can make.
Pongify: same
Curious Herd: too conditional
Sakashima for MirrorBox (one is a lot cheaper than the other mana and $$) and if you copy your own creature with a mass token creation spell and Esix, the original gets a massive boost to its stats. Or consider Sakashima to be a win-con if you mass copy it instead of token production.
Skittering Invasion: mana cost is too high; switch for something like Hangarback Walker which has multiple uses, but is more expensive
Avenger of Zendikar: I think it will be too difficult to pull off with the current land issue you're having - consider putting it in the sideboard for later 'cause it's cool.

Consider adding in:
Instrument of the Bards as a creature tutor - it's clunky to work with but does its job multiple times before most people start to care about it
Or Parallel Thoughts
Fractal cards that make BIG boys that you can have Esix copy any other creature you want like Body of Research which gives you a boy the size of your library
Tangled Islet: you can fetch for it
Rimewood Falls: same
Temple of Mystery: scry is always nice
Dreamroot Cascade
Lumbering Falls: a creature with hexproof to copy to make more lands, then creatures
Hadana's Climb
and whatever else you need to get to a bare minimum of 38 lands

You'll want to replace the removal and ramp, rather than just take it out. I'm also not sure that you're doing enough consistent draw to justify Reliquary Tower.

Hope this was helpful more than not

Visba:
I actually built two decklists for Esix. I decided to use the worse but more fun one as my actual deck, but I'll send you both if you want ideas.

The good one: https://deckstats.net/decks/77764/2268128-esix-alternate-

The big dumb green one: https://deckstats.net/decks/77764/2267856-big-dumb-green-esix

Some ideas:

1) Add in cards that bounce things or counter things, especially en masse. For example: Amphin Mutineer, Exclusion Mage, Aether Adept, Disruptive Pitmage, and Disruptive Student are all cards that having a ton of can really ruin your opponents' plans.

2) Other big token generators. For example: Beacon of Creation, Snake Basket, Orochi Hatchery, Spontaneous Generation, and Nacatl War-Pride

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version