English-language Forums > Commander Deck Reviews

LMK Thoughts on my Alela Deck

(1/2) > >>

SurjaAmor:
https://deckstats.net/decks/129415/2556444-burlesque-act-ii

Morganator 2.0:
There are a lot of lands that enter tapped, and you might need some more card draw, but otherwise it seems fine.

anjinsan:
What sort of thoughts are you looking for? Is there anything in particular you’re not unsure about? (So many people post decks for review here without even saying what their deck is trying to do…) Also is this a deck that you plan to buy real cards for so budget matters, is there a target power level, etc?

Particularly with Alela, you can go in quite a lot of different directions (faerie tribal, fliers, artifact/enchant goodstuff, stax-ish, etc).

Regardless, some things I maybe find questionable:

* I’m not big on Commander’s Sphere and especially Chromatic Lantern. It’s not like this is even a 5-colour deck. Even amongst budget, 3-mana rocks, consider Midnight Clock or The Celestus.
* Hateful Eidolon is great but you have so few things that will trigger him!
* Same with Heliod; he never does nothing, but this isn’t exactly a lifegain deck, or a counters deck, is it?
* Some of your aura/equipment creatures feel a bit “meh”. You’re getting a two-for-one on these with Alela out but I’m not sure that that makes them worth it when there are many other enchants and artifacts to choose from.
* You seem to be pretty low on ramp, and mana rocks still trigger Alela.
* Likewise you’re low on removal. Yeah you have some removal enchants which synergise but still not that many things in total, very little ability to operate at instant speed, and no wipes. A By Invitation Only or Citywide Bust or whatever would work really well with your “go wide” tokens.
* You have these powerful tutor cards, but you might consider some things aimed at grabbing key pieces specifically. For example, Skullclamp is especially brilliant here, so would a Trinket Mage or Whir of Invention go down well, even if it’s not triggering Alela itself?

SurjaAmor:
anjinsan this is exactly the kind of reply i was hoping for. I pretty much have my desired theme and overall concept fleshed out but I don't have a lot of opportunity to battle test my decks at the moment and I was hoping if it had any glaring flaws that had slipped my mind or if there were better cards to use. I will look into your suggestions and appreciate them!

The overall idea is a deck that synergizes wel lwith alela in whatever way I need to respond to a players deck. Theoretically the majority of the cards should trigger her token gen, but i also want to be able to build her up voltron style to deal with powerful creatures that would normally swat her out of the sky. With bestow cards, living weapons and reconfigure i figure they cards can all act as my army or my weapons and dont even necessarily need to be applied to alela to make a powerhouse if she gets taken out

fire5167:
If you are going for a balance of voltron and tokens maybe consider Cultist of the Absolute,  Haunted One, or Inspiring Leader.

I agree with low ramp and removal. Take out candlelight vigil, its kinda bad especially for a deck with a ~500$ budget. Same goes for some of the mid bestow creatures.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version