deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Kaalia of the Vast - Comments  (Read 77 times)

Comment Bot

Kaalia of the Vast - Comments
« on: December 31, 2022, 01:17:54 am »

jif

• Decks
Re: Kaalia of the Vast - Comments
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2022, 01:17:54 am »
Aurelia, the Warleader: "No trigger if she comes in with Kaalia!"
This should be not true.

"... Whenever Aurelia, the Warleader attacks for the first time each turn ..."

I guess she triggers, because the combo of Master of Cruelties triggers too:

"... Whenever Master of Cruelties attacks a player and isn't blocked, that player's life total becomes 1. Master of Cruelties assigns no combat damage this combat. ..."

Both sentences begin with "Whenever ... attacks"

Justice

• EDH Player, Spike still casual but high power
  • Decks
Re: Kaalia of the Vast - Comments
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2022, 06:07:28 am »
Hey,

from my knowledge it doesn't work and master of cruelties is a special rule case due to the added phrase of "isn't blocked" but since Kaalia has the creature come into play attacking all the attack triggers don't activate.

It is required for those kinds of triggers that the corresponding creature declares an attack which isnt the case here.
I asked our local lv 2 judge after building the deck, so it shoulf be  a reliable source
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 06:10:33 am by Justice »
I hope you like what you see! Message me for questions or discussions. I update rarely because I'm working at a card store and play very little myself.

The category "The stolen Decks" is just a reminder for me deleting those Decks feels like giving up on ever getting those cards back.