deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Dwarfs and Dragons  (Read 275 times)

magordito10

• Decks
[Modern] Dwarfs and Dragons
« on: January 03, 2023, 10:34:14 pm »
Hi yall! I created this deck based on the cards that I had.
I got as a gift all the uncommon and some boosters from the D&D: Adventures in the Forgotten Realms.
The idea is to use the creation of treasure tokens to cast as many dragons as possibles. Would love to know your opinion and on how could I improve it. As a first glance I think I need more dwarfs but I didn't have more on my hand.
I had a lot of fun doing it to be honest.  Happy casting!

Deck: Dwarfs and Dragons

eomereolsson

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Dwarfs and Dragons
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 07:39:48 pm »
I mean, I guess this is a fine kitchen table deck. If you ever go to a modern tournament with it, you will probably not win a single time though. So I guess my first question would be how you want to improve your deck. Do you want to get an actual competitive modern deck? Then I honestly recommend scrapping this deck entirely and building a new one. Are you dead set on making a Magda - Treasure - Dragon deck as competitively as possible in modern? Do you just want to improve your kitchen table deck a bit? What are your parameters for that? Any budget constraints/ constraints from your play group?

magordito10

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Dwarfs and Dragons
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 11:03:53 am »
I mean, I guess this is a fine kitchen table deck. If you ever go to a modern tournament with it, you will probably not win a single time though. So I guess my first question would be how you want to improve your deck. Do you want to get an actual competitive modern deck? Then I honestly recommend scrapping this deck entirely and building a new one. Are you dead set on making a Magda - Treasure - Dragon deck as competitively as possible in modern? Do you just want to improve your kitchen table deck a bit? What are your parameters for that? Any budget constraints/ constraints from your play group?

Thank you very much for your answer - yes, the idea is not to be more than that.
To be honest I have been struggling to my type of approach on how to build the deck but I have decided to go with Commander and go for this one
https://deckstats.net/decks/128645/1716620-a-shell-for-every-unsupported-/en

let's see how it goes!