deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] B/U - Acid  (Read 300 times)

NoTurningBac

• Decks
[Modern] B/U - Acid
« on: January 14, 2023, 09:24:00 pm »
It ain't much but it's honest work

https://deckstats.net/decks/108546/2876112-bu-acid
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 09:25:45 pm by NoTurningBac »
Tek rakibim Hasan Mezarcı

eomereolsson

• Decks
Re: [Modern] B/U - Acid
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2023, 04:47:55 pm »
I see Murder in a modern deck -> I post my pasta:
To add to the above points you should really never run Murder in a modern deck. The most common black removal spells in modertn are Fatal Push and Dismember. Mana efficency is key. For this reason you also sometimes see Cut Down crop up, though I personally dislike it as it can't kill an online Dragon's Rage Channeler.
Though Fatal Push needs Fetch Lands like Marsh Flats or similar to reliably enable Revolt. If these are not available for budget reasons, there are still plenty of two mana removal spells. At the cost of two life Infernal Grasp kills anything. That's the one I'd recommend. Otherwise there is great amount of two mana removal that kills a lot but not everything like Shriekmaw (two mana only if evoked, but extra value if you draw it late in the game), Doom Blade, Go for the Throat, Cast Down, Power Word Kill, ...
Lastly for three mana there is Hero's Downfall which is just strictly superior to Murder and since it was recently reprinted at uncommon really not much strain on the budget. Not strictly better than Hero's Downfall but in my opinion still superior to it is the Swift End half of Murderous Rider.
Though to reiterate, mana efficancy is key, so I'd run at most two 3 Mana removal spells and the rest for less mana.
[sic]

NoTurningBac

• Decks
Re: [Modern] B/U - Acid
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2023, 07:23:17 pm »
Thank you very much for your comment, I agree with you i am about to buy new removals for my deck. You show me the ones i did not know before like Go for the Throat.
Tek rakibim Hasan Mezarcı