deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Elemental Combo Modern - Comments  (Read 474 times)

Comment Bot

Elemental Combo Modern - Comments
« on: December 18, 2014, 02:55:27 pm »
This is the comment topic for Elemental Combo Modern.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Elemental Combo Modern.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

sieglsiegl

• Decks
Re: Elemental Combo Modern - Comments
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 02:55:27 pm »
What's this turn 2/3 win your deck boasts? You don't explain it at all in your description, and I can't see any combination that could hit on turn 2 for lethal.

Axor12

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 04:03:56 pm »
He can use Kiln Fiend or Nivmagus Elemental with Tainted Strike and Assault Strobe to win via infect. Nivmagus can exile both spells to become a 5/6 Double Strike/Infect creature and swing for lethal.  Kiln Fiend becomes a 7/2 Double Strike/Infect creature.  Using Gitaxian Probe and Apostle's Blessing can buff even more in the absence of Tainted Strike.  I think this is a very innovative deck idea, but you rely too much on once easily destroyed creature and a handful of spells.  I would recommend replacing Ground rift with Ponder or Preordain, to help you get what you need.
Veni, Vidi, Vici.

Gaius Julius Caesar

neurodr

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 04:04:21 pm »
Turn 1: City of Brass, Nivmagus elemental     Turn 2: cast 4 free phyrexian mana spells exiling all of them for Nivmagus' ability taking him to 9 power, attack with Nivmagus, if no blockers are declared cast Tainted strike for the win!
Turn 1: Mountain, Nivmagus elemental          Turn 2: City of Brass, cast 2 free phyrexian mana spells exiling them for Nivmagus' ability taking him to 5 power, cast Assault Strobe, attack with Nivmagus, if no blockers are declared cast Tainted strike for the win!

neurodr

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 04:09:01 pm »
Ponder and Preordain are both banned in Modern. I have Faithless looting, which has proven to be really useful. I also use Noxious revival to put NE or KF back on top. The most difficult challenge is Path to Exile, but fortunately most decks that play a 4 of them are midrange decks.