deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Yeah, I made another token deck.  (Read 179 times)

AlltheTokens

• Decks
Yeah, I made another token deck.
« on: January 21, 2023, 08:55:27 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/26164/2883367-mana-thopters-mana

The main idea here is to get Sai out asap and start dropping mana rocks to create enough thopters to stall until the combos can get going.

Win Cons
Swing with flying weenies:  Not my favorite strategy, but it is always a fallback in a token deck.

Aetherflux Resevoir:  This is another backup strategy.  In my playgroup this will just end up eating removal because several people have used it to great effect, but it is a fun win.  It could get pretty silly with a lot of rocks and Ingenuity Engine bouncing itself to recast and cascade.

Mechanized Production:  Here is backup strategy three.  It seems like a given in a Sai Deck.  Build up 8 thopters then drop it in right before your turn if you have Vedalken Orrery or Leyline of Anticipation.  My current playgroup will also be ready for this one

Give them a stroke!:  This is my primary wincon.  Use the large amounts of mana from the rocks to deck my opponents with "target player draws" spells.  I suspect the first one I draw will actually target myself to help ramp up the amount of mana I have available, which is why I have five of them

Combos

The sac engine:  Get Myr Retriever and either Junk Diver or Workshop assistant on the field with Ashnod's Altar or Krark-Clan Ironworks and Sai.  Sac Retriever for 2 mana. Sac the other for 2 mana returning Retriever to hand.  Cast Retriever making a thopter. Sac Retriever returning the other creature to hand.  Every other cycle you will have to sac a thopter for mana as well, but this will produce and arbitrarily large number of Thopers and as much colorless Mana as you want.  With enough discounts or Efficient Construction this will work with Phyrexian Altar to produce blue mana.  Combine this with Ingenuity Engine to cascade everything onto the battlefield, and take as many extra turns as you like casting Nexus for free.  Draw you entire deck if you have Veldalken Archmage, Kindred Discovery, or Skullclamp on the field.

Sensei's Divining Top, either a discount or a sac for mana, and one of the cards that lets you cast from the top of library.  This draws the entire deck.  The sac for mana requires Sai since you will be sacrificing thopters to recast top and make another thopter.

What do you guys think?

Edit: just realized Ingenuity Engine can not cascade into Nexus of Fate , but both are still awesome.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 01:01:09 am by AlltheTokens »