deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Beta: The deck tutor - find decks for your collection  (Read 13202 times)

Slyvester12

• Decks
Re: Beta: The deck tutor - find decks for your collection
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2022, 09:13:24 pm »
Any chance this could pull EDHrec data in addition to Deckstats data? I don't know how to display it but EDHrec has this "average deck" for each commander. Maybe incorporate that somehow widen the pool of "decks" available?

Go to https://edhrec.com/average-decks/atraxa-praetors-voice and click "average deck" on the top-ish right to see what I mean.

That could run into problems potentially. I remember a while back there was a problem because TappedOut demanded EDHrec stop scraping their site. Might be worth looking into, but could easily be more trouble than it's worth if a similar situation comes up.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Svynx

• Decks
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2022, 04:11:15 pm »
I'm oftentimes looking for decks that I could build with an investment of up to X$.
Here, the Deck Tutor is helpful in giving me some suggestions but it's some extra work to actually find out if the suggested decks fit my criteria.

For example, I don't see a way to easily find out if building a 250$ deck with a 3 dot score would cost me 50$ or 150$. I first have to click on the deck and continue to tools/missing cards.

It would be great to have this info within the Tutor and even better if decks could be sorted/filtered by it!

Edit: The possibility to ignore lands in regards to the score would also be very helpful <3
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 06:09:16 pm by Svynx »

fregio79

• Decks
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2023, 12:05:09 pm »
Hi,

I think it would be useful:
-add a field where you can also choose the commander for the EDH format
-add a field where you can add a specific card included in the list

Or, when searching decks, adding a column with the percentage of cards that you possess

Doge

• Very Die, How Live?
  • Decks
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2023, 06:06:41 am »
Awesome feature! I love that it focuses on mythic and / or rare cards. However, being someone with a small collection, the first thing I want to know is how many cards I would need to buy (including uncommons and commons) should I decide to build a deck using those mythic and / or rare cards.

Balthild33

• Decks
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2023, 10:45:50 pm »
tl;dr: https://deckstats.net/collection/deck-tutor

I am excited to announce a new feature on deckstats.net: the deck tutor!

The deck tutor takes all the rares you have listed in your collection and searches our deck database for decks that use these cards. Once it's done, it shows you the 50 best matches. You can filter by format, number of likes, maximum price and colors.

This is something that people have been asking for for a while. Thanks to our recent move to a new server and various changes behind the scenes it has now finally become feasible to do.

Because this is a new experimental feature it will be very useful for me to hear your feedback about this. So please let me know what you think.

Thank you so much for sharing this post