deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: What are we playing with from All Will Be One?  (Read 630 times)

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
What are we playing with from All Will Be One?
« on: February 03, 2023, 05:51:56 pm »
Yes, Elesh Norn, Mother of Machines. I know that one, but what else?

I've found a niche use for Encroaching Mycosynth in Mishra, Artificer Prodigy. I might even be able to make a version of the deck that revolves around this card.

I'm going to use Skrelv, Defector Mite as a tutorable protection piece in Captain Sisay. I'm debating if I should put Elesh in.

What about all of you?

anjinsan

• Decks
Re: What are we playing with from All Will Be One?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 07:37:09 pm »
Encroaching Mycosynth does seem cool; we just recently got Biotransference which does something similar, but this one opens up more options (also, being in blue, it can perhaps go in monoblue decks that want to use artifact tutors etc).

Skrelv's Hive seems pretty decent as a token generator. It may not quite be Bitterblossom, but in white getting a steady source of 1/1s for e.g. Skullclamp is nice. Likewise Mirrex is I think the best token generator we have as a land (Springjack Pasture has the added bonus of storing mana in goats, but at a pretty poor rate).

The proliferate cards also seem a lot more pushed this time. In the past, most of these were pretty expensive for what they did, except maybe Tezzeret's Gambit (Divination is not great, but it's not a bad base to stick a proliferate on). Now we have Cankerbloom (slightly worse Cathar Crusader but can proliferate instead), Unnatural Restoration (not quite Regrowth as it's permanents only, but close!), Thirsting Roots (love these kinds of basically-just-a-land cards with utility), Experimental Augury (nearly-Impulse), and so on. These all feel like sub-par-but-playable cards before you add the proliferate rather than things where you're paying mostly for it. I am quite tempted to make an Ezuri, Stalker of Spheres deck with no counters at all!

Argentum Masticore seems like a nice repeatable removal and discard outlet. It's kind of slow but it's another colourless removal for anything, so monocoloured decks might appreciate it for those annoying permanent types, and in particular I'm thinking e.g. monowhite reanimator - nothing super competitive, but a way to put big things into the graveyard whilst blowing stuff up seems pretty cool. Perhaps monored re-artificer(?), particularly when you also have Containment Construct/Conspiracy Theorist/madness and so on.

Oh and the dominuses (domini?) too, of course. Drivnod, Carnage Dominus is a monoblack Teysa and I think slots into my Ratadrabik deck pretty well! Mondrak is tempting in the same deck though possibly a bit "win more" (but also being a sac outlet might edge it).

Bonethousand

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2023, 08:10:21 pm »
Actually pretty stoked on Staff of Compleation since same turn proliferate is pretty hard to come by in Boros. Plus it's a toolbox mana rock, which I'm always down for.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2023, 08:42:28 pm »
While we're discussing these things, what's everyone's thoughts on Clever Concealment? If it didn't have convoke I'd say it's not worth it as a protection piece, but this is a maybe now.

Same for Monumental Corruption. In the right deck you can draw a lot of cards, but is it worth it at 5 mana and 1 life per card?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 08:44:44 pm by Morganator 2.0 »

anjinsan

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2023, 09:39:39 pm »
I am for sure liking the staff. Only having to pay 1 to destroy something definitely has its uses!

For the draw spell… I believe that people play Stinging Study. This one needs a bit more setup, but the ceiling is higher (or at least, it’s not so commander-limited).

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2023, 10:15:19 pm »
While we're discussing these things, what's everyone's thoughts on Clever Concealment? If it didn't have convoke I'd say it's not worth it as a protection piece, but this is a maybe now.

Same for Monumental Corruption. In the right deck you can draw a lot of cards, but is it worth it at 5 mana and 1 life per card?

I suspect Clever Concealment will find a home in aggro decks that tap out each turn.  Like a selesnya tokens deck.  Clever Concealment becomes a free Teferi's Protection

Monumental Corruption looks more like a win con to me.  Especially in a mill deck.  Make a bunch of treasure; cast a large Monumental Corruption pointed at an opponent.  You'll hit their library and their life total.
Happy Brewing!
:)

anjinsan

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2023, 11:37:35 pm »
Clever Concealment doesn't stop you from losing life, so it's no Teferi's, but it does a lot of what Teferi's does and potentially for less mana. Emmara, Soul of the Accord is the one who springs to mind for me; maybe in a deck like one of hers.

EMaxxi

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2023, 11:07:34 pm »
Ichormoon Gauntlet, because I'm *that* kind of Magic player.

Now I only have to decide if I want to play a dedicated superfriends/turns deck with Tekuthal as the Commander, or "splash" in something that I already have.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 11:11:31 pm by EMaxxi »