deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Charge! (Goblin Tribal) Any help would be appreciated. thanks!  (Read 403 times)

Aeyt

• Decks
When the deck pops off i frequently get turn 4 or 5 wins. My playgroup are not big fans of control or removal, so they don't play a lot of that, so it's not a big concern for me. However I frequently either get mana flooded or have a mana drought. I would like to tighten it up, make it a little faster even, without adding in too many non-goblin creatures, or taking out too many of the goblins or the land recursion. I do plan on adding a Caged Sun. The two I have are in other decks.

Charge! (Goblin Tribal)

Some Cards I'm on the fence about swapping in:
Font of Mythos
Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle
Underworld Breach
Warren Instigator
Purphoros, God of the Forge
Professional Face-Breaker
Overmaster
Mind's Eye
Horn of Greed
Chandra Dressed to Kill
Vedalken Orrery
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 09:53:30 am by Aeyt »

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: Charge! (Goblin Tribal) Any help would be appreciated. thanks!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 05:47:41 pm »
How do you usually pull off these turn 4 wins?

Warmangor

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 10:01:13 pm »
This deck seems interesting, also you should take a look at my version of mono red goblin tribal https://deckstats.net/decks/180504/2555383-gobos

« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 11:42:00 pm by Warmangor »

EMaxxi

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2023, 11:27:02 am »
I have a goblin deck, but it's aggro, not combo.
If you want to keep it combo-oriented, consider the following:

- swiftfoot boots over mask of Avacyn
- Lightning Crafter can also combo with kiki-jiki + a sac outlet
- Goblin Recruiter aka red Boggart Harbinger
- Skirk Prospector to turn tokens into mana
- Boggart Shenanigans to ping each time a goblin dies
(If you play prospector and shenanigans/lightning crafter, all your combo pieces are Goblins that can be tutored with Matron & Recruiter)
- Goblin Assassin is a very fun card when you have a lot of goblin token makers, but not essential
- Gamble: "When you’ve got nothing, you might as well trade it for something else."  ;)
- Wheel of Misfortune
- Rundvelt Hordemaster to draw when you sac a goblin (it might exile a combo piece though - you can't cast tribal cards)
- Imperial Recruiter is another classic tutor for red - and it's cheaper than I expected (~$6/€5)

Aeyt

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2023, 12:30:25 am »
I've had early wins with some early luck on ramp and a krenko getting me a bunch of tokens fast and then dropping burn at the stake. I've also gotten the Conspicuous Snoop plus Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker combo off early with that Goblin Bombardment. I also played against another goblin deck that also created tokens, and I used Mob Rule with Shared Animosity already out to swing with absolutely massive goblins. Usually the games a re a bit longer than that, but I'd like to make it more consistent. I love the suggestions on cards EMaxxi, especially Goblin Recruiter. It'll let me set up the Conspicuous Snoop plus Kiki-Jiki.