deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Casual Budget] Wizard Vampires: Dimir or Grixis?  (Read 316 times)

Meister_Ente

• Decks
[Casual Budget] Wizard Vampires: Dimir or Grixis?
« on: June 26, 2023, 11:18:16 am »
This here is my Dimir Reanimator deck:

https://deckstats.net/decks/144015/3090751-dimir-wizard-bloodline

It actually works fine. Packing cards in the graveyard and reviving them later, you can build good combos and have a lot of opportunities to hinder your opponent.

But sometimes there just isn't enough power. So I sat down and figured I'd add another color. The result looks like this:

https://deckstats.net/decks/144015/3099349-grixis-wizard-bloodline#show__comments

Harmonic Prodigy is a non-legendary version of Naban, Dean of Iteration, so I can control him multiple times to fully escalate Bloodline Necromancer and Archaeomancer, for example. Unlike Ravenous Chupacabra, Markov Enforcer can only destroy creatures that are weaker than or equal to her, but if she enters the battlefield with another vampire through Victimize or Harmonic Prodigy + Bloodline Necromancer, she will fight twice. Additionally, it generates Blood Tokens and has significantly better stats than Ravenous' Chupacabra.
Goblin Flectomancer expands the variety of the deck and fits the sacrificing theme. Niv-Mizzet is an endgame power house, a strong flyer with card draw and point damage.

However, I'm not sure (again) if the three-color deck is better than the two-color variant.

Opinion? Suggestions?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 12:07:22 pm by Meister_Ente »

Whitebeard0o

• Decks
Re: [Casual Budget] Wizard Vampires: Dimir or Grixis?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2023, 03:03:49 pm »
I believe, play whatever you want.

If you want to go three color, you need a lot of support in the manabase. Going two color is better for budget an if you want to go Budget-Reanimator consider:

Unearth; Altar of Bhaal; Archpriest of Shadows; Gravewaker; Hells Caretaker; Persist; Stitch Together; Artisan of Kozilek; Obsessive Stitcher.

If you want to play Niv, play Niv-Mizzet, Parun with Curiosity. If go more in reanimation, you don´t need the color splash.

Greetings
« Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 03:06:24 pm by Whitebeard0o »

Meister_Ente

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2023, 06:15:21 pm »
I believe, play whatever you want.

If you want to go three color, you need a lot of support in the manabase. Going two color is better for budget an if you want to go Budget-Reanimator consider:

Unearth; Altar of Bhaal; Archpriest of Shadows; Gravewaker; Hells Caretaker; Persist; Stitch Together; Artisan of Kozilek; Obsessive Stitcher.

If you want to play Niv, play Niv-Mizzet, Parun with Curiosity. If go more in reanimation, you don´t need the color splash.

Greetings

The first sentence actually motivated me to just make the deck grixis. I can change it back, so who cares :)

I have the Obsessive Stitcher already on the list.

I don't want to go completely reanimator, I just want to pull through my combo: I cast Victimize and get two creatures back, which in turn repeat other cards and Victimize to me. And in the endgame I want to sacrifice properly with Butcher of Malakir and at the same time hinder the opponent with Mistcaller, Siren Stormtamer and Goblin Flectomancer.

Although Archpriest of Shadows would be pretty awesome, but she has to be a Warlock.

EMaxxi

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2023, 09:31:39 pm »
If you go grixis, I think you should consider Maestros Charm (removal + card selection + self mill in one easy package) and Cormela, Glamour Thief (mana ramp + extra recursion, gives you mana to cast another victimize or Maestros charm immediately after you reanimate her.)

Also, Faithless Looting.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 09:34:12 pm by EMaxxi »

Meister_Ente

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2023, 09:37:55 pm »
If you go grixis, I think you should consider Maestros Charm (removal + card selection + self mill in one easy package) and Cormela, Glamour Thief (mana ramp + extra recursion, gives you mana to cast another victimize or Maestros charm immediately after you reanimate her.)

Also, Faithless Looting.

I totally forgot to look for Maestro cards. And Faithless Looting is one of my favourite cards, I don't know how I forgot about it.

Thank you very much :)