deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Favorite deck you built just to be silly  (Read 1242 times)

AlltheTokens

• Decks
Favorite deck you built just to be silly
« on: May 04, 2023, 07:03:17 pm »
I bet most of us have done it.  We see a silly interaction and build a deck just to pull it off.  Usually the deck doesn't work, but when it does OH BOY!

Here is my favorite that I stole from Mitch at Commander's Quarters and modified hardly at all.

https://deckstats.net/decks/26164/3034317-mulligan-ad-nauseum

jlutzxinc

• Decks
Re: Favorite deck you built just to be silly
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2023, 09:04:25 pm »
I do this ALL the time; in fact, I have an entire folder wherin MOST of the content is this kind of thing that I just didn't finish building.

Some of my other Decks use some slightly silly interaction(s) even if it ISN'T the entire point, like this one that I'm still working on.
You can't see just by looking at it, but there's four or five funky combos stuck in there all at once, including one to play EVERY Attraction in the game (which can ALSO play every Plane; I need to fit that part in somehow) and one that one-shots the entire table with Commander Damage (extra fun in pods consisting of more than the usual four people).
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 09:06:39 pm by jlutzxinc »

Fuzzy2Wasy

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2023, 10:01:19 pm »
Def my Phage deck. 
https://deckstats.net/decks/161626/2135358-let-s-get-phagey

Never quite got it to work, I don't think I ever won a game, but so much fun laboring for a way to get Phage in from the command zone and to hit. 

Favorite plan for the deck was with Endless Whispers, Sac Phage and then let her kill all my oponents when they gained control :)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 10:14:52 pm by Fuzzy2Wasy »

anjinsan

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2023, 12:16:26 am »
Well, let's see...

I made a Yarok, the Desecrated "2-mana-instant-tribal" deck which was actually all built around Isochron Scepter and the weirdness of imprint.

Speaking of imprint, Spellweaver Helix is a thing. I've had various stabs at this but only really seem to like the Izzet one with Veyran, Voice of Duality.

The one I'm struggling to make work is the one where I make token copies of Mana Crypt and give them to people, until they die. I was using Zedruu, though I did also start cooking up an alternative with Blim which feels meaner but more workable.

My silliest deck is probably my Mutant Ninja Turtles deck. Turns out, mutants and ninjas work together quite well and, well, Archelos, Lagoon Mystic has all the right colours.

My favourite silly deck, though, is probably my Obeka, Brute Chronologist one. People think it's weird to end your turn early but it turns out, it can be pretty great! This way, you don't have to worry about boring stuff stuff like phases, people never say "your turns take too long!" and you don't have to worry about the politics of who to attack. Drawing cards is overrated, and you can skip that too if you want! I've won once with this deck but don't particularly wish to again.

AlltheTokens

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2023, 04:18:51 pm »
Giving people copies of mana crypt sounds hilarious!  What effects were you using to make the copies?  Everything I can think of is blue, but you said you made a Blim version.

Abramelin

• Soon...
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2023, 06:01:20 pm »
Great opportunity here to bring up my illuna, apex of wishes deck.. Only one permanent in the deck, Omniscience, Lots of lands that can become creatures. and instants and sorceries to produce them as we need a mutate target. Then things to shuffle graveyard into library and counterspells. Save the counter spells for things that will exile omniscience if it goes to gy, shuffle that sucker in the deck and recast commander. Commander damage will win you the game but its big free spells in temur
Maybe death is a gift

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2023, 02:06:57 am »
https://deckstats.net/decks/93006/1290956-the-right-honourable-the-lords

It's still as functional as the British Parliament.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Dactylartha

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2023, 05:31:35 am »
My group made decks where every card has to start with the first letter of your name. Mine is B, and me and R and S lost to a very functional G abzan deck.

https://deckstats.net/decks/10564/2096673-basandra-battle-boss-edh-b-cha#show__stats

EMaxxi

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2023, 08:42:19 am »
Since Yoshimaru was released, I've been toying with the idea of using it + Flamekin Herald to cascade into Glimpse of Tomorrow.
https://deckstats.net/decks/227978/3055267-fun-with-cascade
The list is still a work in progress.

anjinsan

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2023, 06:37:53 pm »
Giving people copies of mana crypt sounds hilarious!  What effects were you using to make the copies?  Everything I can think of is blue, but you said you made a Blim version.
Mostly things like Mirrorworks or Prototype Portal. Though, I should point out, I only tried this once and never drew crypt or vault. Zedruu is better at making the clones, I think, but it's expensive to give them away and Blim's discard is a more effective (and rather brutal) way to stop people using the mana you just gave people.

stuffnsuch

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2023, 12:58:33 am »
A couple fun decks I've built are:

• "Experience Counters Tribal" Deck headed by Kelsien, the Plague which tries to balance all 5 experience counter generators in it's colors
  • Adrix and Nev, Twincasters, which uses every way possible to make non-legendary copies of Adrix and Nev (I've been able to make more tokens than there are atoms in the universe in a single upkeep by like turn 7)
  • Subira, Tulzidi Caravanner Infect (there is not a lot of infect in red, but there sure are a lot of ways to pump up a creature's power after making it unblockable and giving it haste)
  • and a deck that fetches out Skirk Fire Marshal after getting a board of goblins, a hand of untap effects, and a couple enchantments to keep me (or my creatures) from taking any damage.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 01:02:04 am by stuffnsuch »

Cosmic_Insight

• praise Sylveon for upvotes
  • Decks
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2023, 03:19:12 am »
My Daryl, Hunter of Walkers Gruul Control deck. If you let it set up, it is miserable to play against. It's just wraths that deal 2 damage to each creature along with some synergy pieces.
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. owo

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2023, 04:43:20 pm »
My Shadowborn Apostle Karador deck started off to be a joke. A friend tried building an Apostle deck around Shirei that was horrible so I built one designed to be worse. The more I played it though the more I liked it and turned it into a serious deck. (mine also started out as Shirei and became Teysa when I added Edgewalker and green which become Karador when I added Bloodbond March, I also toyed with adding red becoming Saskia to add some of the red demons but that fizzled quick and went back to Karador)
This space for rent.

EMaxxi

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2023, 06:43:34 pm »
  • Adrix and Nev, Twincasters, which uses every way possible to make non-legendary copies of Adrix and Nev (I've been able to make more tokens than there are atoms in the universe in a single upkeep by like turn 7)

Freundeskreis_MTG

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2023, 11:47:37 am »
"I build a Superlands deck in PDH."

"Haha, there's no way you can play Superfriends in pauper edh... wait... lands?"

Deck: Superlands // Pauper EDH