deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Urza (no stax - no combo) Deck  (Read 1704 times)

hollaz90

• Decks
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 09:52:19 am by hollaz90 »

hollaz90

• Decks
Re: Suggestions for my Urza (no stax - no combo) Deck?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 12:00:27 pm »
Changelog - 07.01.2024:

-1 Fabricate   
+1 Darksteel Forge

hollaz90

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2024, 08:32:35 am »
Changelog - 08.01.2024:

-1 Rapid Hybridization   
+1 All Is Dust

hollaz90

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2024, 08:49:54 am »
Changelog - 08.01.2024:

-1 Access Denied   
-1 Mirrex   
-1 Time Stretch
+3 Island
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 01:07:12 pm by hollaz90 »

TheRealGabrielD

• Decks
Re: Urza (no stax - no combo) Deck
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2024, 01:41:16 pm »
Ahhh! A true budget deck I see! *chefs kiss*. In all seriousness this deck looks like it would be a lot of fun to pilot.

hollaz90

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2024, 03:30:29 pm »
Ahhh! A true budget deck I see! *chefs kiss*. In all seriousness this deck looks like it would be a lot of fun to pilot.

Haha yeah! But this Deck is pure love for me - everytime I play Urza it's pure joy.
I always get to hear that this is an Urza Deck which is fun to play against.

hollaz90

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2024, 01:24:37 pm »
Changelog - 15.02.2024:

-1 Island
+1 Cavern of Souls

Gaunter

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2024, 07:07:18 pm »
Ich hatte wirklich spaß gegen das Deck zu spielen aber 30 Länder erscheinen mir wirklich wenig bei 13 Ramp.
Ich werde bei der nächsten Partie mal drauf achten :D
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 10:49:55 am by mashes94 »

crimsonking

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2024, 04:16:04 pm »
In all honesty, you're playing a fairly pushed commander already, a bunch of blatant cEDH cards, plus a nonsensical amount of counterspells and other 1-for-1s (or even worse, like with Force of Will, Force of Negation and March of Swirling Mist) not really fit for a casual game, that your premise of no-stax-no-combo-just-value doesn't make much sense.
Moreover, I don't understand many card choices, like: what's the point of having Rings of Brighthearth but not Basalt Monolith? What's the point of having Polymorph, Proteus Staff and Hullbreaker Horror if you run other creatures too? Where are the artifact creatures that's you're supposed to sacrifice to Arcum Dagsson? What creature is supposed to be blinked with Deadeye Navigator? What Displacer Kitten is supposed to interact with? But on top of all this, where are the artifacts that you're supposed to tap with Urza (most of them already tap for mana, the rest are too high-costed for it to make sense)? Am I missing something?
It looks like you've picked a plain cEDH deck and butchered it. Then, since the commander is stupidly pushed and it can still hold by himself in a casual table, you call it a value deck, but it's not. It's just a bad deck with a stipidly pushed commander.
Why don't you pick something like Sai, Master Thopterist instead? It would make for a decent value deck that would actually make sense...

AToTheP

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2024, 04:36:14 pm »
I think this is a great deck with plenty of options and value.
Blinking with deadeye is great with a etb commander like urza. It generates plenty of creatures you can tap for mana and they grow each bigger.
Go one building decks like that  ;D

crimsonking

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2024, 04:50:45 pm »
Whatever. It's 6 mana to cast and you have no real way to fetch it. Let alone that without Urza it does absolutely nothing.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 04:52:52 pm by crimsonking »

hollaz90

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2024, 10:48:56 am »
In all honesty, you're playing a fairly pushed commander already, a bunch of blatant cEDH cards, plus a nonsensical amount of counterspells and other 1-for-1s (or even worse, like with Force of Will, Force of Negation and March of Swirling Mist) not really fit for a casual game, that your premise of no-stax-no-combo-just-value doesn't make much sense.
Moreover, I don't understand many card choices, like: what's the point of having Rings of Brighthearth but not Basalt Monolith? What's the point of having Polymorph, Proteus Staff and Hullbreaker Horror if you run other creatures too? Where are the artifact creatures that's you're supposed to sacrifice to Arcum Dagsson? What creature is supposed to be blinked with Deadeye Navigator? What Displacer Kitten is supposed to interact with? But on top of all this, where are the artifacts that you're supposed to tap with Urza (most of them already tap for mana, the rest are too high-costed for it to make sense)? Am I missing something?
It looks like you've picked a plain cEDH deck and butchered it. Then, since the commander is stupidly pushed and it can still hold by himself in a casual table, you call it a value deck, but it's not. It's just a bad deck with a stipidly pushed commander.
Why don't you pick something like Sai, Master Thopterist instead? It would make for a decent value deck that would actually make sense...

First of all - Thanks for your feedback!

I play this deck only in high power or cEDH tables and have a really nice win ratio with it.
My gameplan is to play nice artifacts, control my opponents AND win with value cards OR an army of Construct Tokens.

Let's look at your questions:

- Counterspells: I play my Urza as an Artifact/ Control deck - which means I need to have a lot of answers for removal spells OR shut down combos from my opponents
- Rings of Brighthearth: I use it to copy the effect of Urza or Proteus Staff - I doesn't run Basalt Monolith - but Grim Monolith
- Polymoprh / Proteus Staff: I run only like 10-12 Creatures in this deck - so every creature will have an impact for my game.
- Arcum Dagsson: I sacrifice the Construct Token that I'm getting from Urza
- Deadeye Navigator / Displacer Kitten: I can fetch them both with the Staff or Polymorph - I blink Urza with these cards - so that I am getting an ETB Construct Token
- There are more than enough Artifacts that i can tap with urza (vor example the construct tokens) - and i run most of all the good mana rocks.

So I didn't picked a plain cEDH Deck and butchered it. I play this deck like i like it and whats suits to my personal play style.

Let my just say: Feedback is always welcome and I'm thankfull for every tip BUT your comment is hateful, not objective and simply exaggerated.
I feeling that you just don't unterstand how I play this deck.

hollaz90

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2024, 11:53:45 am »
Changes 11.03.2024:

-1 Arcane Denial   
-1 Dispel   
-1 Mirari   
-1 Teferi's Time Twist   
-1 Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir   
-1 Voltaic Key   
+1 Ensnaring Bridge   
+1 Junk Diver   
+1 Voyager Staff   
+1 Meteor Golem   
+1 Myr Retriever   
+1 Welding Jar
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 01:12:32 pm by hollaz90 »

AlltheTokens

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2024, 01:27:42 pm »
I like some of your most recent changes.  The junk diver and myr retriever give you more targets for Arcum's ability.  The Voyager Staff and the Welding Jar give you some more ways to protect key permanents.  All of them can generate a bit of mana if Urza is on the field.  I question the Ensnaring Bridge.  It seems like you should be making big constructs and attacking with them in a deck like this, and the Bridge effects you too.

hollaz90

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2024, 05:35:38 pm »
I like some of your most recent changes.  The junk diver and myr retriever give you more targets for Arcum's ability.  The Voyager Staff and the Welding Jar give you some more ways to protect key permanents.  All of them can generate a bit of mana if Urza is on the field.  I question the Ensnaring Bridge.  It seems like you should be making big constructs and attacking with them in a deck like this, and the Bridge effects you too.

Tranks for your feedback!

You are absolute Right about the Bridge!

- Ensnaring Bridge
+ Stone of Erech