deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: My Commodore Guff Superfriends deck! Looking to finalize the list.  (Read 234 times)

Cosmic_Insight

• praise Sylveon for upvotes
  • Decks
My Commodore Guff Superfriends deck! Looking to finalize the list.
« on: September 12, 2023, 07:47:15 am »
https://deckstats.net/decks/154264/3133210-guff-jeskai-superfriends/en

I'm hoping I got the balance of PWs, support, interaction and draw right, but I'm pretty happy with it so far. I went for a combo centric list, with some spicy PW based combos. Let's see how many you can find!
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. owo

fire5167

• Decks
Re: My Commodore Guff Superfriends deck! Looking to finalize the list.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 11:27:29 pm »
Howdy!

I have been playing a Jeskai superfriends with Pramikon, Sky rampart at the helm for 3 or so years. The budget is only 250 dollars, so it plays some cards which are different than the ones you have, but I would happy to give some suggestions if you’d like!
  • I really like your mana base. Personally I have never managed to get planar beacon to workout, if the rest of the manabase is good, there is rarely a need to filter your colors. I think a fetchland is more consistent
  • love the ramp section too. I’m curious, why mox amber?
  • Great PW selection. Only a few suggestions. In my deck, Elspeth has proved time and time again to be the best PW. Would recommend over ajani. More optional: replace Jace Castaway and Jace WoM with Serra and Mordenkainen. I do realize this will raise the average MV of your PWs, those Jaces cannot defend themselves. Or other PWs
  • I find Oath of Gideon to be a trap card. The 1/1s are nothing more than chump blockers, and the extra loyalty does nothing but put a bigger target on your back. Instead of ultimate-ing one turn earlier, you will only force a board wipe one turn earlier. I would run Onakke Oathkeeper.
  • Idk what you would cut for this, but Call the Gatewatch is such a fun card to cast. Not super powerful, but a lot of fun.
  • I would replace Ascend from Avernus with Out of time. Ascend from Avernus is a dead draw the first 8 turns of the game, which happens to be the length of most edh games
  • Liquimetal Torque combos with Dack and Nahiri
  • Whirlwind of thought is a bit redundant, I mean you are running 20+ value engines already (the PWs) so you could replace this with Verge Rangers which is an excellent blocker and way to avoid missing land drops.
Please let me know if you would like more detail or elaboration, I love discussing Jeskai superfriends

Cosmic_Insight

• praise Sylveon for upvotes
  • Decks
Re: My Commodore Guff Superfriends deck! Looking to finalize the list.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2023, 09:56:36 pm »
Some of these inclusions are for combos! Any mana-positive rock, T3feri, and Displacer Kitten draw my deck and make a lot of mana, Teferi, who slows the sunset+peregrine dynamo+rock makes infinite mana and life, and jace, cunning castaway can do some silly stuff with oath of Gideon effects. But you’re right, the last option is a bit weaker. Thank you for the suggestions!
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. owo