deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Vhal, Raised by Giants (EDH Background Commander Deck)  (Read 650 times)

TheWarfox

• Decks
Vhal, Raised by Giants (EDH Background Commander Deck)
« on: November 15, 2023, 01:44:03 am »
I'm not totally happy with this one, and I'm probably going to change some things out quite soon when I get some Ixalan cards, but after weeks of trying to cut down a stack of like 400 cards into a deck, I finally made the hard cuts and spit it out. I VERY INTENTIONALLY left out much better cards in a lot of places, and kept some of them in the maybeboard. My local game group's power level does not require Ezuri's Predation in every deck, for instance. The original stack had a lot more counterspells and interaction. I just wanted to have fun. If I fail to have fun, I will bring back more of those things, but for now I had to get this thing out the door and make something I can play. If it proves to not be enough, I'll put my infinite mana combo enablers back in. lol

https://deckstats.net/decks/209945/3259227-vhal-raised-by-giants

TheWarfox

• Decks
Re: Vhal, Raised by Giants (EDH Background Commander Deck)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2023, 05:06:07 am »
Just gonna set the Monument of Perfection aside... probably gonna do that and Realmbreaker in a separate deck.

Revision 49

Added/removed cards:
-1 Mirrex
-1 Monument to Perfection
-1 The Hunter Maze
-1 The Monumental Facade
-1 The Seedcore
-1 The Surgical Bay
+1 Command Tower
+1 Illusionist's Bracers
+1 Lotus Bloom
+1 Opal Palace
+1 Sol Talisman
+1 Tower of the Magistrate

TheWarfox

• Decks

hollaz90

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2023, 02:08:23 pm »
Love the idea!

TheWarfox

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2023, 04:57:02 am »
Love the idea!

Hey, thank you! Obviously there's much better, more impactful cards that can go in the deck, but my desire with it was to enable cards I would otherwise probably never use, and after playing the deck a few times I have to say I became a threat using some pretty terrible cards in creative ways. It's been really fun.

TheWarfox

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2023, 01:06:25 am »
I think this makes sense. The Illusionist's Bracers didn't actually have a lot of creatures it worked on, and Mirari just didn't work all that well most of the time. I think Lithoform Engine works a lot better in Mirari's slot and also does some of what the Bracers did, and Rings of Brighthearth can work with all the island and artifact activated abilities I use.

Revision 54

Added/removed cards:
-1 Illusionist's Bracers
-1 Mirari
+1 Lithoform Engine
+1 Rings of Brighthearth

TheWarfox

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2024, 04:54:18 pm »
Colossus of Akros looks so fun for this deck...

Revision 55

Added/removed cards:
-1 Journeyer's Kite
+1 Colossus of Akros