deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Looking for Spice...  (Read 476 times)

fire5167

• Decks
Looking for Spice...
« on: March 31, 2024, 07:52:12 am »
Hi all,

A couple years back I heard about a meme deck idea which I have been tinkering with on-and-off. The idea is a stax deck with Ruric Thar, the unbowed as the hidden commander. Using sakashima of a thousand faces make as many copies of ruric thar as possible effectivly making any removal, boardwipes, or non-creature spells in general suicidal. I think sakashima of a thousand faces and Tana, the Bloodsower make a good combo at the helm, but I need some ideas of how to make a deck of the highest meme quality. Am I missing any pieces of spice that you can think of?

Some suggestions that would be good:
  • Other legendary creatures worth cloning
  • Other clones (preferably creature clones that dodge the Thar tax)
  • Other meme cards in general

Deck is here:
https://deckstats.net/decks/106378/3204588-ruric-thar-stax/en

Landale

• Decks
Re: Looking for Spice...
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2024, 08:58:53 am »
Defense of the Heart would allow you to tutor up both Ruric Thar and the Spark Double.
Magebane Lizard, once the next set comes out, can serve as a weaker backup to Ruric Thar, and is a viable mass copy option if for some reason, like Drannith Magistrate, you can't get Sakashima out.
Mirror Image is another clone option. And if you want to meme it up, you could always go with the Jumpstart 2022 version of it so Ruric Thar can be a pretty anime girl.
Eternal Witness and Timeless Witness allow you to get stuff back out of your graveyard without hurting you like Regrowth and Road of Return would.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 09:01:57 am by Landale »

fire5167

• Decks
Re: Looking for Spice...
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2024, 02:06:07 am »
I love magebane lizard + defence of the heart! thanks for the suggestion! Switching regrowth with EWit might be good... always nice to have more dowsing dagger carriers.

fire5167

• Decks