deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Lands and Ramp in EDH: The Recommendation Tool (Help Wanted)  (Read 412 times)

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
Lands and Ramp in EDH: The Recommendation Tool (Help Wanted)
« on: April 01, 2024, 08:48:02 pm »
Hi,

The topic has been previously discussed here but since this is way into the later stages and a cry for help I'm making a new post. Feel free to browse the previous thread but keep new comments here!

In essence I've been chasing the white whale answer to the question:

"How many lands and ramp cards should my deck have?"

and I'm on my final stretch. I have a tool that generates recommendations. It's written in Python and not available for the public as of yet because I need someone to help me verify the logic and get feedback. I also have 40 pages of a research article written and would love to go over that with someone as well.

Prerequisites:
  • Must know Python and be somewhat familiar with GitHub
  • Must know mathematics and specifically probabilities
  • Communication would be over Discord (preferably over voice)

About the math behind the calculations:
  • Assumes the player wants to get to a point where they can cast two spells per turn
  • Assumes the player wants to ramp first, then play lands only until the required mana has been reached
  • Assumes all ramp cards are Arcane Signet or similar (costs 2, enters untapped, makes 1 mana)
  • Draw isn't accounted for at this stage

About the tool itself:
  • Takes in number of commanders, average mana value, mulligans and desired aggressivenes of ramping
  • Spits out a heatmap of recommendations where the highest probability is the optimum number of lands and ramp cards
  • It has a rudimentary GUI and I'm working on hosting it somewhere but currently it's only available as a (private) repo

Here's a sneak peek for you all to get you interested!

« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 08:53:09 pm by Aetherium Slinky »
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/