deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: My first deck  (Read 894 times)

spacespinner

• Decks
My first deck
« on: July 02, 2013, 05:55:30 pm »
Hi, a friend got me into MTG a few months back and I basically bought a load of boosters and some green/red spider starter deck to get something to work with. Been buying MOSTLY core boosters since then and I've  basically ended up with this Mono-Green deck with a Garruk I was lucky enough to draw from a booster. I know it's all over the place but I've been working with what I've got and what I've traded for (proud of getting FOUR dungrove elders) and I sometimes get lucky enough to win. I want to trim a few of the 1 cost creatures since I've definitely got too many but idk how to build properly. Linked the build below, any advice on building or opinions on it would be appreciated. Right now I just flood the field with creatures until I get one of the big guys out. Only play for fun at the moment.

http://deckstats.net/decks/4969/20099-garruk-s-horde-first-deck-?saved=1&lng=en

Do I have too much mana? Should I replace certain cards at any cost? Should I chance my creature/spell ratio? etc. All help would be appreciated. I play Modern format.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 05:57:16 pm by spacespinner »

Bandgeek

• Decks
Re: My first deck
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 06:12:47 pm »
First off I would like to congratulate you for entering the multiverse. I have a hard time knowing what format you are trying to build in. The standard format is Innistrad to Dragon's Maze as of this post and will soon be changing on September 27 when Theros comes around. Your deck seems rather good for a starter but one major card I would change is Sands of Delirium. Sands is a card that is tailored more for a "mill" deck. Your deck is more focused on early ramp into large creatures to beat in the red zone. Due to this I believe that both Wall of Vines and Wall of Wood should be cut as they are inefficient walls. I would love to suggest new cards to replace the old but I still cannot figure out what format you wish to play in. Best f luck Planeswalker!

spacespinner

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 06:18:43 pm »
Oh like I said, I'm just playing modern format. I'll remove the walls and sands card. I just had the walls in because I still don't have a huge library of greens, should I replace them with a high, medium or low cost card?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 06:21:17 pm by spacespinner »

Bandgeek

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 07:02:04 pm »
I apologize for not remembering it was modern. I would love to know which cards you have to put into this deck as I doubt you have sword of light and shadow at your disposal.

spacespinner

• Decks
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 07:36:28 am by spacespinner »

Bandgeek

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 11:15:32 pm »
Pretty cool collection. Eternal Witness, while not abusable is still an amazing utility card. I've always found Acidic Slime to be a good creature just to deal with all around problems. Obstinate Baloth is also good to slow down the game so you don't bleed too much with your aggressors. These in place of Wall of Roots, Wood and Sands will do you fine. Predatory Rampage is also scary as it allows you to swing with your creatures for a way to end game. This deck is not perfect but it will be very scary if you manage to ramp and battle correctly.