deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Question: Rules change of Zones  (Read 946 times)

Underhill83

• Decks
Question: Rules change of Zones
« on: August 12, 2013, 10:12:14 am »
Hi Everybody, i have a question and google etc. does not answer it completely :-(

Say I have Olivia Voldaren and use her first ability to a creature, which goes to the graveyard afterwards.
(Ability resolves, damage is dealt, creature is killed)

1) Is the creature still a vampire while it is in the graveyard?
2) Is the creature still a vampire in case it returns to the battlefield?
3) I asume that the answer would still be the same, if the creature would move to the commander zone, instead of the graveyard?

Thank you for your help!

Neznas

• Decks
Re: Question: Rules change of Zones
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 11:13:06 am »
1) No, cause its not a Vamp just when Olivia bites him and when hes in the Graveyard hes his normal types.
2) Same, u also can exile ur creature and get it back so its not a vamp anymore :)

If u switch the zones, it lost his Vamp type.

AeroSigma

• Decks
Re: Question: Rules change of Zones
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 06:26:55 pm »
It's also useful to remember that if a creature leaves the battlefield, then comes back, it is considered a different creature (i.e. same card, different permanent.) So if you cloudshift in response to a Doom Blade, you creature comes back to the battlefield, but the Doom Blade isn't targeting it, it's targeting the old instance of that creature.