deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Miracle Deck - Comments  (Read 390 times)

Comment Bot

Miracle Deck - Comments
« on: March 20, 2015, 10:03:12 am »
This is the comment topic for Miracle Deck.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Miracle Deck.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

Wojo

• Decks
Re: Miracle Deck - Comments
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 10:03:12 am »
Uh, I just want to point out the two glaring issues I have with this deck, but first, the positives: This deck looks incredibly randomized and fun. You have so many miracles in here that you really should be doing one a turn for the most part. Now on to the meaner stuff.

Mana: You run 6 fetchlands for 4 legal targets, and 2 of your fetchlands don't even bring your lands in untapped. I feel as though 15 lands is also too small of a count for this to work effectively as well. Maybe including a playset of Hallowed Fountain will help.

Miracles: I agree, it's awesome to pull off a Miracle cast. Doing so really captures the flavor of the mechanic as it was designed to do. However, you always want to be drawing into your miracles after the first turn or two, time to get settled in with your mana and to start to manipulate the top of your deck so that you are never overpaying for your spells. The more miracle spells you run, the less deck manipulation you have space for and the less often you will actually be able to cast for the miracle cost. This is from personal experience.

Part of the reason I say all of this is that I am familiar with this deck's big brother, the Legacy Miracles build. That deck plays as a fierce control deck, with Counterbalance leading the charge backed up by Sensei's Divining Top, Jace, the Mind Sculptor, Force of Will, Brainstorm, Ponder, and Preordain. It is called Miracles because it's sole win condition is a single Entreat the Angels. Some players might also work with one or two Terminus as support. I look at your deck, and see the opposite focus; all of the fun with out hardly any enablers. Paying 3 mana to scry 3 at sorcery speed is decent, but very taxing on your 9 lands that actually produce mana. Also, I don't understand the need for the Scrabbing Claws/Pull From Eternity combo. There's easier ways to draw a card, even if you are trying to keep this modern.

As it is, I can't stress how fun the deck looks due to its inherent variety, I just don't think that it will work as you want it to without these issues looked at. Have fun with it!

Ziggymoth

• Decks
Re: Miracle Deck - Comments
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 10:19:30 am »
Thanks for the comment :)

I agree about the mana, I have haven't decided yet how i want to handle that, i wanna minimise the amount of none miracle drawing i do, my first attempt was gonna be at just fetching for the other lands in the deck. I have proxies printed out for testing, but will probs end up putting more land in.

I haven't actually seen the decks big brother, this was all inspired from that link in the description (the communist deck), ill have to check that legacy deck out, thanks! Hmmm, all those cards, save i think counterbalance and banned or not available in modern, but i see the point, might up the number of scry type effects. Oh the pull from eternity/scabber claws/immortal elixir stuff was just me messing around with the idea of playing the miracle that allows you to take another turn, then returning it to you graveyard and then shuffling it back in, scabbering claws would allow me to counter grave decks in modern and remove stuff from my graveyard that i didn't want shuffled back in with elixir.

Thanks for the comments, ill take them into thought, its nice to have a second opinion. I haven't actually made this deck yet (just printed proxies to test), its just a brainstorm of an idea at the moment.