deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Beta-Test: Your Collection  (Read 23705 times)

Nils

• Decks
Beta-Test: Your Collection
« on: March 22, 2015, 04:50:02 pm »
Over the last few months I have been working on a new feature that has been requested over and over again: A way to save your MTG card collection on DeckStats.net. And now this feature is finally ready for beta testing!

What is this for?

The Collection feature allows you to make a list of all the cards you own and save them on DeckStats. In our Deckbuilder you can then choose only to display cards that you have in your collection, allowing you to build decks with the cards you actually own. And when you view a deck, you will see a new column indicating whether you have each card in your collection! In addition, you can also send your friends a link to your collection, to show them what cards you have.

What is still missing?

There are a few things I am still planning on adding, but haven't had the chance yet due to time constraints. A few examples:
  • Visual Spoiler view for your collection
  • Specifying a language, condition for your cards
What else do I need to know?

Since this is still in beta testing there is a small chance that your list of cards might get lost. To make sure this doesn't happen, I would suggest you save a backup of your card lists from time to time. You can use the Export button to do this. Also, your collection will be publicly visible. So if yo don't want your friends to know that you own ten Black Lotus, don't put them in your collection! ;)

If you want to try this out, here is the link:
http://deckstats.net/collection/

Please let me know what you are still missing or if there are any problems!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 06:17:10 pm by error »

shpishay

• Decks
Re: Beta-Test: Your Collection
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 04:36:27 pm »
For me, the most important feature would be to allow picking the set of the card. I'd like this for regular deckbuilding as well, for the aesthetics.

Ixoran

• So it Goes
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 12:53:09 am »
... I'd like this for regular deckbuilding as well, for the aesthetics.
You can! :D

Quote from: Deckstats
Specify the set for a card by adding [ABC] in front of the card name, where ABC is the set's abbreviation

Talis

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 10:51:10 pm »
This is so great!

But sometimes, mostly after entering some more cards to my collection, I was redirected to a page where I have to enter a captcha.
The page looks not like the other pages here (is this a official page?).
After entering the captcha, I was (not quite sure anymore) redirected to the collections page and sadly the progress was lost.
Saving now after a few cards, just to be sure  :D

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 01:00:02 pm »
Being able to specify a set in the collection manager is one of the next items on my to-do list. Sorry it is taking so long, I have quite a lot of other things on my plate right now...

Talis: This means that our firewall thinks it detected some unusual activity and is blocking the request for security reasons. But if you are using the site normally this obviously should not happen! Next time you get this page, could you please note the error number, Ray ID and any other information displayed on that page and send them to me via PM/email?

Thanks!

Talis

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 12:15:10 am »
I filled in about 700 Cards afterwards, saving in a span of 30 at max, not happened again so far. Sorry, would liked to have a specific report for you, maybe I'll try when I got time.
The time I got it was when I filled in about 100 Cards at once without saving in between, maybe it took to long or something, don't know.

Another thing:
Now with my collection nearly ready I tried out building a deck out of them, just to see that the amount of a card I have is not shown or limited while putting them in a deck of mine.
I would like to have the number displayed, so I can see how many cards I own and can put into my deck.
Thanks again for this great page, keep going! :)

cc.jmk!

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 05:31:38 pm »
I feel like the next step here should be allowing you:

a) to choose what edition you have of each card, even multiples.. so I might add to my location 4 lightning bolts, each from a different set (possibly also specify language for the card, using english as default if not specified)

b) when looking at your saved decks, have some marker showing which cards you own fully, which you own partially and which you are missing fully from a decklist (this option might be triggerable to turn it on/off as needed)

something like this:

(extract from a decklist - collection checking disabled, so as current)
4   Dragon Fodder
4   Goblin Grenade
4   Magma Jet

(collection checking ENABLED)
3   Dragon Fodder (I have fewer than 3 needed)
4   Goblin Grenade (I don't have any)
2   Magma Jet (I have all 2 needed)

jdshifflett

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 07:58:44 pm »
Thanks there goes my week.. Thankfully my collection is organized but inputting 15k cards should be a challenge

tylermumford

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 08:32:16 pm »
This sounds awesome; I'll have to give it a try. I'm new to Magic, but I'd love to use this for making a list of cards I'm looking for. By choosing one or more decks (or automatically selecting WIPs) and comparing them with my collection, the site could make a single list of those cards. This would make it easier to shop or trade for multiple decks, and updating my collection would keep my looking-for list up-to-date automatically. Thanks for making a great site!

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2015, 09:02:21 pm »
Update: You can now also specify the set of cards in your collection! More coming soon...

mattador_actual

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2015, 11:03:32 pm »
This is fantastic. 

I see you have a  'foil' column.  How do I tag cards as foils?  Or is that still in the works?

edit:  Will you be implementing a CMC column to filter collections?  Kinda like the deckbuilder?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 11:06:40 pm by mattador_actual »

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2015, 12:21:53 am »
You should be able to tag cards as foil already (6th column in the collection manager). Is this not working for you?

mattador_actual

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2015, 02:59:16 am »
Ah, I should probably mess with it more before asking dumb questions.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2015, 03:16:26 pm »
Ha, no worries! :)

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2015, 04:46:57 pm »
Update:
When you view a deck on DeckStats.net you can now see a new set of symbols next to each card, which show you whether you have each card in your collection. This way you can easily see which cards you would still need to play this deck!

✓ = you have this card; ◯ = you have this card, but not enough copies; — = you don't have this card.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 05:13:56 pm by error »