deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Favourite Guild?  (Read 2684 times)

D4rkdemon

• Decks
Favourite Guild?
« on: August 18, 2013, 11:59:04 am »
Hey everyone!

What's your favourite guild?

Mine is Rakdos, because they're having one crazy party! :)

AeroSigma

• Decks
Re: Favourite Guild?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 07:46:59 pm »
Orzhov,  I just love playing White/Black.

AlKorKrus

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 08:10:36 am »
I would have to say the original Orzhov play-style of lockdown and punishment of players that try to attack anyway.
(see also: Pillory of the Sleepless and Hissing Miasma)

rcdmk

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 03:03:12 am »
Dimir is an excellent choice. I love the poisonous black/blue combination of move cards to graveyard and cipher.

I'ts the perfect house for Jace, Memory Adept.

Eldraziman

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 07:39:29 am »
I personally am a golgari fan. the ability to utilize your graveyard as if it is basically still in your hand just rocks. I didn't play when the original golgari was out, but i know this new one is a powerful guild if used correctly. My friend whom i taught to play magic a few years back uses azorius and rakdos but he can't beat my golgari

Bandgeek

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 06:27:01 am »
Gogo Simic!

AeroSigma

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 08:32:16 pm »
I would have to say the original Orzhov play-style of lockdown and punishment of players that try to attack anyway.
(see also: Pillory of the Sleepless and Hissing Miasma)

I'm really trying to find a way to make a deck like that viable in Modern.  I like Norn's Annex, similar to hissing Miasma, but you've got to use it as incremental advantage, not a replacement for Ghostly Prison.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 02:12:45 am »
I usually play a lot of Golgari or Rakdos, but recently I've really became fond of Izzet.
This space for rent.

Terazul

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 08:58:54 pm »
That a tough question as I like the playstyle that every color brings.

Golgari utilize the graveyard so well that, at times, watching them play feels like they are cheating. bringing things back from the graveyard and making them more powerful as well. it like watching a dredge deck go off, all you can think of is "is he killing himself? What is he doing?" and then all these creatures start hitting the board followed my a flamed zealot.....

Orzhov is a guild that i haven't seen very often but i can never forget recurring angel of despair, that definetly won't fade.

Selesnya, the token makers! At least that is what i thrived with. glare of subdual and vitu-ghazi, the city-tree was awesome back in the day! one of the first instances that i came across of tapping a creature that just came into play, that turned into a rules nightmare LOL!

Boros was, is and will always be fast! hasty drops with double strike just scream Boros! Plus lightning helix is the bomb in my eyes ( tip of the hat to Warleader's Helix ). 

Azorius had some good moments but what never run alone, at least from what i remember. Lightning angel decks would used to rule the skies! even now supreme verdict and sphinx's revelation makes everyone cry...

Gruul will forever be the base for great zoo decks. just spew out creatures that get in there!

Dimir has dropped in power from the old milling days when Glimpse the unthinkable was around. Follow that up with a guiltfeeder and GG.

Rakdos I also don't have much experience with but i remember hating when Bladewing the Risen hit the field, of course that was pre dragonstorm...

Simic has some of the most interesting counters i can think of. Mystic snakes was such a badass and lets not forget my favorite simic card: voidslime ! Manaplasm has to be my standard favorite.....if i can ever get it off!!

Izzet....I think its a bit obvious that i have left my favorite guild for last. Izzet has been my favorite color combination since before there was an Izzet guild. Blue and Red has my all time favorite cards in it! Timestop, temporal manipulation, theft of dreams, propaganda, arcane laboratory, bribery, Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir , venser, shaper savant, War's Toll, mana geyser, demonfire, molten disaster, manabarbs, sneak attack, warp world, Pandemonium.......i can continue this forver! Big effects in single spells is so attractive to me as is the opposing forces that run an Izzet deck make me an Izzet Fan for Life!!!

"(Z->)90° - (E-N²W)90°t=1"

Guttermancer

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 12:30:56 pm »
Quote from: Terazul
"(Z->)90° - (E-N²W)90°t=1"
Word.

I just started playing in RtR, and when I found out about Goblin Electromancer and Guttersnipe, the possibilities just blew my mind. 

Will-C

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 01:48:24 am »
I currently play a Dimir mill deck with several counters in it;  It's fun when it works. I am presently building a Boros Aggro Human deck. I can't wait to finish it and try it at FNM. 

Azorious has the best art!

BloodxHunter

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 10:13:11 am »
I'm with you BandGeek, Simic and all of their test-tube cards are some of the most fun to use, though I perfer old Simic a bit more.