deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: U/B Mill Deck Review  (Read 3766 times)

Perishedluck

• Decks
Re: U/B Mill Deck Review
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2013, 11:56:27 pm »
this deck is not standard. Just wanted to point that out first.

It has some pretty good combos. I would recommend taking out the 3 dmg card and adding maybe some jace, memory adept. If you can get that card going for one or two turns it would be more than cost effective just by using the zero ability.

Perishedluck

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2013, 05:41:36 am »

Anagna

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2013, 10:09:18 am »

orphiz

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2013, 01:54:37 pm »
I made a mill/combat deck. the idea is to mill for big monsters.
here she is:
http://deckstats.net/decks/8972/42129-u-b-mill-combat-?saved=1&lng=en

Anybody have an idea if this could actualy work out?

Perishedluck

• Decks
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2013, 05:26:50 pm »
@KStutter82

Since this is a mill deck, having bump in the night is not really part of the over all plan. It is a great card if you are trying to win by life points, but since it is a mill deck, you lose a little of your decks focus by keeping this in your deck. You might want to try adding a counter card like psychic strike or a few doom blade 's? Crypt incursion is also one of my favorite cards in this deck simply because of how many times it will save you from utter destruction.

@orphiz

Since you don't have any unblockable creatures, I would suggest removing paranoid delusions. Also the enchantment creature, Nighthowler, is a pretty inefficient card as a whole. I would suggest adding another wight of precinct six and consuming aberration. I like your idea of fog bank to create a solid wall to block any attackers while you mill through their deck.  Instead of dimir charm, try making use of psychic strike. Also a very strong card to keep you in the game is crypt incursion, this card is also a very strong counter against graveyard decks.

Something that not many people have been including, which is one of m favorite parts of running a mill deck, is traumatize. The card literally puts half their deck in their graveyard. Its a great 2-for.

el_mago8

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2013, 05:27:52 pm »
Hi,
Im playing a milling deck and here are my hints regarding my experience with it.
The lands are easily improved. Check other lands with both colors that can enter straight. With milling decks we dont want to lose one turn because not using our mana (specially against agro).
I have to disagree with psychic strike. I used to play them in an early version, but that makes you to leave 3 lands untapped just in case, and you want to be more aggresive from my point of view.
Watery grave, drowned catacombs, jwar isle...

A couple of cryp incursions work awesome in case you need it.
Jace memory adept is a really good option as mentioned.
Your creatures are fine, jace phantasm and the district six guys work, but you probably can take some consuming aberration out. I play with two and the normally appear.
I miss some removals.for early creatures.

The rest is a matter of playtesting and knowing your metagame
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 05:34:01 pm by el_mago8 »