deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: Dimir Control - Comments  (Leído 405 veces)

Comment Bot

• Visitante
Dimir Control - Comments
« en: Octubre 08, 2015, 07:23:57 am »
This is the comment topic for Dimir Control.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Dimir Control.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

Loreshadow

• Decks
Re: Dimir Control - Comments
« Respuesta #1 en: Octubre 08, 2015, 07:23:57 am »
Dismal taps not only itself, but can also keep a Sunken Hollow tapped. I would remove it for basics if possible.

Loreshadow

• Decks
« Respuesta #2 en: Octubre 08, 2015, 03:26:51 pm »
Mirror Mockery can give your Dragons extra Enter the Battle triggers.

Ethanfireb

• Decks
« Respuesta #3 en: Octubre 09, 2015, 04:37:58 am »
I only have one really important ETB trigger on Deathrbinger Regent, and I have found that in testing having the first 2 land enter tapped isn't bad at all, plus evening out the loss of life from the deltas is very important in early game where I am vulnerable.

lackofmops

• Decks
Re: Grixis Dragons Control - Comments
« Respuesta #4 en: Noviembre 14, 2015, 07:57:35 am »
I don't like the sheer number of finishers, and the lack of early game removal. Maybe cut some kolaghans and silumgars for stuff like Ultimate Price or Radiant Flames.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Respuesta #5 en: Noviembre 14, 2015, 08:07:28 am »
Really if you're playing 3-4 copies of the same legendary creature then you're trying to hard at something. maximum of two legendary creatures (go over if they are a deck requirement), play more blue and also black creatures that give you field control as you mill your opponent, and red that deals damage and keeps the enemy at bay.  good way to make this deck lethal would be to add creatures with dash and play up to 4 copies of trepnation blade. This way your creature is getting a power boost as it swings (if it's a flyer then it's most likely not gonna be blocked anyway), and you will be milling vital cards including lands in the process. Focus more on creatures to stabilize a board presence, use less board wipes unless your creatures benefit from dying, and add cards that increase the mill rate of this deck. Besides that your deck should see some enhanced speed and playability in the future.

Ethanfireb

• Decks
Re: Grixis Dragons Control - Comments
« Respuesta #6 en: Noviembre 14, 2015, 07:35:14 pm »
Thanks for the comments! I've been looking to make this deck better.  Trepanation Blade isn't standard anymore, but I think I can go for some mill or something. Which way should I go, burn or mill? I would like to be able to stay Grixis if possible--I love the dragons too much--but if need be I can cut red. I like the idea of ultimate price, but it doesn't kill the threats I need it to, such as Siege Rhino, Hangarback Walker, Anafenza, the Foremost, and so on. Maybe sideboard? I like running Languish because it can kill a wide variety of things, and my store follows the most recent tournament-winning decks, mostly from star city games, http://www.starcitygames.com/pages/decklists/. I need some early game removal, so maybe radiant flames. I'm looking to go more control than speed, though if need be I can do both. I did take out a layer of legendaries to maximize my possibilities, and put in another Ruinous Path, Murderous Cut, and Treasure Cruise. In testing I found I have a lot in my grave, so keeping Murderous Cut instead of Ultimate Price seems like the logical decision. I am looking forward to Oath of the Gatewatch and Shadows Over Innistrad., because the likely hood of flashback coming back is high and another Jace and a Chandra are likely coming in Oath of the Gatewatch. Any more suggestions are welcome, though I want to keep it pretty similar to its current state. Thanks again for the comments!

G. Moto

• Decks
« Respuesta #7 en: Noviembre 15, 2015, 05:50:52 am »
Bone splinters is my all time favorite kill anything card. You can sac a token or sac another creature you either don't need or want to die. Either way you give up something to get rid of anything. That's the best black has to offer for one mana. And yeah mill would be the best way to go with the deck if you increase the black and blue, burn if you prefer the red and black over blue. Really with the right card combinations you can take a mid-ranged deck it make it control or aggro just by having the right sideboard. But if innistrad does pull some flashback or graveyard stuff then make sure you incorporate some exile into your deck. This way you can mill them out and the graveyard won't be a resource to them.

Ethanfireb

• Decks
Re: Dragons Control - Comments
« Respuesta #8 en: Noviembre 15, 2015, 06:16:12 pm »
So something more like this?

Ethanfireb

• Decks
Re: Dragons Control - Comments
« Respuesta #9 en: Noviembre 15, 2015, 06:20:59 pm »
Nah, actually I want to stay grixis if possible

G. Moto

• Decks
« Respuesta #10 en: Noviembre 16, 2015, 07:08:00 am »
Hey man, the more cohesive colors the better.