deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] G/R Omnath  (Read 299 times)

PanicButton

• Decks
[Standard] G/R Omnath
« on: October 27, 2015, 07:29:18 pm »
G/R Omnath

A homebrew deck that I made with the help of some friends.  It has some issues, but the idea/strategy is:

Survive early game with Heir of the Wilds, Undergrowth Champion, Managorger Hydra and Draconic Roar.

Build mana base with Sword of the Animist if available, otherwise use Shaman of Forgotten Ways and Beastcaller Savant to help ramp into larger creatures. 

Then hit hard late game with Omnath, Locus of Rage, Dragonmaster Outcast, Woodland Wanderer (cast with 4 colors thanks to Smoldering Marsh, Shaman of Forgotten Ways, or Beastcaller Savant), Woodland Bellower (great for fetching Dragonmaster Outcast or another >3 mana creature) and either Kiora or Nissa.  Flooding the field with elementals is very possible thanks to Sword of the Animist, Nissa's Revelation, or just using land tricks.

There is a splash of blue in order to get Kiora in the deck, and I recently added a Savage Knuckleblade with good results.  I may add more savages, but that would require fixing my mana base to smooth out blue.

Heads up, I am a relatively new player (started just after Origins released), so I hope that explains the silly, "throw what I have on hand in this deck" build. That being said, I think Omnath is a a bomb and I want to try him out as the focus of a deck.

EDIT: After looking at this deck compared to other highly rated deck on this site, I have to say that mine is not very reliable.  When it goes off, it's tremendous; if it doesn't it's less than mediocre.  Against anyone with counter spells or early aggro, it flops... hard. That's too many ways to fail.  Either way, can you help me refine its focus?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 05:44:12 am by PanicButton »