deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] G/R Tron  (Read 533 times)

jcavanagh

• Decks
[Modern] G/R Tron
« on: October 29, 2015, 02:03:13 am »
G/R Tron

GR Tron

Could anyone give me their thoughts on using fetch lands/birds of paradise in this tron deck over the chromatic sphere and chromatic star?
I find it gives better opportunities to cast pyroclasm, sylvan scrying and ancient stirrings without the need of spending 2 mana and needing one of the artifacts to do so.
The only problem is that there are less cards drawn; and i can't think of any good additions to fix this.

Juri_pro

• MtG Pro Player
  • Decks
Re: [Modern] G/R Tron
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 12:40:39 am »
<-- Did I help you ? If it is yes, click on [vote up]

jcavanagh

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 04:26:43 am »
4 Wooded Foothills for 3 lands ?? (1 Stomping Ground 1 Overgrown Tomb 1 Forest)

I put them in there to help thin the deck and make it more likely to get access to black mana when sideboarding in slaughter games, dismember and to some extent engineered explosives.
Any suggestion that would make this deck better? I like playing tron but also like having something slightly different to the generic version to keep things interesting. I like birds of paradise for access to red mana if needed, and it also allows me to still cast and use expedition map on turn 2 while having a flying blocker available later on. Although it does feel like a dead draw after 4-5 turns

Haakon21

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 08:59:52 am »
I don't think birds of paradise is a good idea, with 4 pyroclasm and 4 oblivion stone you will erase the board pretty often. Birds is useless past turn 3 or 4, cards drawn are way much relevant.
you should have no problem to cast pyroclasm when needed by "fetching" with expedition map and/or sylvan scrying.

Juri_pro

• MtG Pro Player
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 11:14:37 am »
You should have Pyroclasm in side, so remove Birds of Paradise, put:

Chromatic Sphere

[Vote Up] me please, thanks ;)
<-- Did I help you ? If it is yes, click on [vote up]