deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Session aktualisieren button and then try again.

Autor Thema: [Standard] Sultai first attempt, Need help  (Gelesen 1324 mal)

seanatron13

• Decks
[Standard] Sultai first attempt, Need help
« am: November 03, 2015, 11:26:30 Nachmittag »
Sultai first attempt
What's not standard, cards needing replaced to become standard and what with? SOS new to building and need help. Please
« Letzte Änderung: November 03, 2015, 11:31:32 Nachmittag von seanatron13 »

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: [Standard] Sultai first attempt, Need help
« Antwort #1 am: November 04, 2015, 01:22:22 Vormittag »
Hello there, I've read your message and I'm here to help. Firstly All the cards that are not from the "TARKIR", "Magic ORIGIONS", or the new "BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR" block are not considered standard (this way every single card in your deck does not have to be listed). From what I see the only thing standard in your deck are the basic lands, cancel, animist's awakening, opulent palace, jungle hollow, and managorger hydra.Sadly if you want a "standard deck you're going to need to scrap this entire deck except for the cards that I just listed. However, since the entire card set for the three blocks i just listed are on magic the gatherer (the card archive site) then it should be fairly easy for you to rebuild a new one. This being especially if you invest mostly in the commons and uncommon cards. Tell me, what was the initial focus of this deck?

seanatron13

• Decks
« Antwort #2 am: November 04, 2015, 01:37:39 Vormittag »
I'm mainly going for control and small creature with buffs and then 2/3 powerhouses (Thassa and Hydras).

G. Moto

• Decks
« Antwort #3 am: November 04, 2015, 02:22:57 Vormittag »
Well Thassa would serve best if she were played in her own custom designed deck. However there is a lot of potential for a standard hydra deck. If you look at the green and blue creatures from the new Zendikar block such as the Oran Rief hydra from the new Zendikar block you'll see that +1/+1 counters would make it grow fast because of the landfall effect (it gets multiple counters if the land is a forest). Also the elementals are a force to be reckoned with where they too have multiple landfall effects and even get counters just by using multiple colors for their converted mana costs.
     This deck right here that I built is modern and is from the Theros block:(http://deckstats.net/decks/24826/296540-kruphix-)
      and this deck is my modern/could be standard sultai deck:
 (http://deckstats.net/decks/24826/199604-sultai-snake-pit)

Neither one of these decks are probably what you are planing to build but If you take a look at them you may get some ideas as to how you might want to run your deck. Also for the sultai deck just imagine it without the black if you need to.

itscraigwells

• Decks
« Antwort #4 am: November 04, 2015, 02:26:12 Vormittag »
well really good news there are some great black and green low drop monsters and also some great power houses to name a few Bloodsoaked Champion Rakshasa Deathdealer Den Protector Deathmist Raptor are soem great low drop hard hitting monsters that you can recyle ( not worrying about them dying becuase you can either bring them back or rengerate) but they are costly. with those you could build the rest control and be perfectly fine with a low costing control deck. good luck to you.

One does not simply turn 2 ulamog

seanatron13

• Decks
« Antwort #5 am: November 04, 2015, 02:49:18 Vormittag »
Here I did a quick update made it Modern and replaced a few things, let me know what you guys think. Thanks!! http://deckstats.net/decks/51174/355549-sultai-first-attempt

G. Moto

• Decks
« Antwort #6 am: November 04, 2015, 05:37:14 Vormittag »
looks like some good improvements. Do you have access to any of the new battle for Zendikar cards?

seanatron13

• Decks
« Antwort #7 am: November 04, 2015, 05:52:21 Vormittag »
Yeah, I went one of the release things and got a couple eldrazi from a pack but nothing crazy. I honestly don't like a ton of the creatures and I haven't seen a ton of great control spells from the set

G. Moto

• Decks
« Antwort #8 am: November 04, 2015, 06:37:29 Vormittag »
Well you are playing B/U/G and believe it or not there are a lot of good cards in that set. I bought a booster box and a half and i snagged a good majority of the set. Zombies/elemental/vampires/rouges are black, merfolk/humans are blue and elemental/beasts/humans/elves are green. The eldrazi are all colors except for white. My best recommendation is (if you wanted to make it also standard) would be to use the beasts and elemental creatures that zendikar has to offer. In my deck (which is TEMUR by the way) uses these blue and green cards; undergrowth champion, managorger hydra, woodland wanderer, oran-rief hydra, woodland bellower, plated crusher, hunt the weak, infuse with the elements, display of dominance, natural connection, winds of qal sisma, retreat to kazandu, earthen arms, dispel, anticipate, and ruthless instincts. These are the cards that i use and i believe that they would serve as a benefit to you.