deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tópico: How would you make this deck playable?  (Lida 834 vezes)

johnnytheworm

• Decks
How would you make this deck playable?
« em: Dezembro 11, 2015, 02:26:26 am »
Hello everyone, I've inserted some combos in a deck and now I'm wondering how could I improve it to make it work.
What do you think?

http://deckstats.net/decks/52467/378767-g-u-modular-1-1-infinite-combo

Thanks, any help is appreciated!
« Última modificação: Dezembro 11, 2015, 02:29:52 am por johnnytheworm »

hudinidini

• Decks
Re: G/U Modular +1/1 infinite combo - Comments
« Responder #1 em: Dezembro 11, 2015, 04:19:07 am »
Just something to consider: Modular only allows for placement of counters on ARTIFACT creatures

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: How would you make this deck playable?
« Responder #2 em: Dezembro 11, 2015, 07:05:49 am »
Honestly i think quillspike would be your best attribute to the deck because it eats -1/-1 counters. If you run that in a blue/green deck that uses UNDYING then every time the creature comes back it will have a +1/+1 counter on it. Then you use your leech bonder to move that +1/+1 counter from that creature and put it on another weak creature of yours. That way your creatures make themselves stronger. Here's an example;

[Howlgeist and strangleroot geist both have undying effects]  (+)  [leech bonder moves COUNTERS, negative or positive between creatures]
(+)     [quillspike eats -1/-1 counters to make himself temporarily strong for the turn] (+) [devoted druid gets a -1/-1 counter in order to untap itself]
         = [leech bonder TAKING undying creature's +1/+1 counters and GIVING other creatures such as quillspike +1/+1 counters to make themselves permanently stronger, then quillspike eating the -1/-1 counters from devoted druid so that you'll always have that 1 green mana produced so that you can keep tapping and untapping it for quillspike's effect. Do this enough times and then use gilder bairn to double those +1/+1 counters and lastly play bioshift and give all those +1/+1 counters to your howlgeist. Game over because your spirit wolf will be the strongest thing on the field, best thing since unblockable.

johnnytheworm

• Decks
Re: G/U Modular +1/1 infinite combo - Comments
« Responder #3 em: Dezembro 11, 2015, 12:12:18 pm »
Thank for your help!

Modular only allows for placement of counters on artifact creatures but I couldn't have a better idea than using a few low-mana modular creatures to resist the first turns. Hopefully you will be able to make their +1/1 counters survive those few turns and put them on more interesting creatures such as Howlgeist or Sage of Hours. The one-mana Hardened Scales is very useful to that purpouse.
You can move +1/1 counters from survived modular artifact creatures to other creatures with Bioshift or Leech Bonder + Paradise Mantle.

The suggestion about creatures with Undying is clever, I like Howlgeist's ability. The reason I left it in the sideboard is that it costs 6 mana.
« Última modificação: Dezembro 11, 2015, 12:28:31 pm por johnnytheworm »

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: How would you make this deck playable?
« Responder #4 em: Dezembro 11, 2015, 02:19:00 pm »
Well there is another wolf that has that same effect. I believe it's called wandering wolf. Again same effect, less mana. Personally I think this is the creature that howlgeist used to be before it died, makes sense flavor wise.