deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: White LifeGain Deck - Any Suggestions??  (Read 2438 times)

cnjneerlang

• Decks
White LifeGain Deck - Any Suggestions??
« on: January 02, 2016, 06:32:02 pm »
White LifeGain Deck

Strategy of this deck is to just sit back and gain tons of life, and win when you reach 40 life or win with the flyers if need be.
If you have any suggestions please let me know!!

matothias

• THUG LIFE
  • Decks
Re: White LifeGain Deck - Comments
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 07:23:03 pm »
I suggest putting some cards in there that give your creatures +1+1 counters and then put in Abzan Battle Priest and Abzan Falconer, and also maybe Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit.

lawrencekim808

• Decks
Re: White LifeGain Deck - Any Suggestions??
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 10:07:34 pm »
Have you looked into possibly green and white?  Or just green, cards like predators rapport can make that happen when you bring out big creatures which is easy to do in a green deck.

cnjneerlang

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 06:16:24 pm »
@matothias
Thanks for the suggestion! I definitely agree and got those cards coming now!

cnjneerlang

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 06:20:02 pm »
@lawrencekim808
Thanks for the suggestion, I actually already have a pretty good green deck with predators rapport included so now im just trying to focus on improving my mono white deck.

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 07:58:41 pm »
Don't rely on felidar sovereign as a win condition. I've got a life gain deck and I've never won with him XD. But I don't have him in as a win condition. I treat him as removal bait be ause, no matter what other creatures you have on the field, he will be the target. I use him to keep threat off rhox faithmender and whatever I have celestial mantle attached to.
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

Mostlynotgay

• Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 08:02:15 pm »
Oops forgot. Maybe throw some spot protection like faith's shield or gods willing. Because you WILL be drawing all the hate.

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

cnjneerlang

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 11:16:23 pm »
Thanks for the input! Yeah i totally agree, im always the focus in a three way since i gain so much life. Yeah ill use felidar soverign as a first defense to keep rohx faithmender alive. Yess i will put some protection from sources in my deck forsure.

Heavyjaw

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2016, 01:58:41 am »
There is already a somewhat popular deck archetype similar to this called soul sisters. It basically relies on getting soul warden and/or soul's attendant onto the field as soon as possible, particularly in multiples and then just vomiting large amounts of creatures to get your life total upwards of 30. Once you have 30 life you can play serra ascendant as a 6/6 flyer with lifelink for just one mana. Martyr of sands is also a powerful life gain card, potentially giving you enough life to have serra ascendant online by turn 2. If you want more cheap lifegain cards, cathedral sanctifier is a 1/1 creature for 1 that gives 3 life upon entry.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 02:01:24 am by Heavyjaw »

MistahJman

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2016, 06:32:05 am »
I think Abzan colored Lifegain would be most efficient.
Drana's Emissary, Zulaport, Blisterpod, Felidar Sovereign, with like feed the clan and Rot shambler, a couple Sultai emissary's, Jaddi offshoot and gideons, also maybe some from beyond's to trigger Bone splinters and zulaport. And of COURSE Siege Rhino. POWER
Actually imma build that right now.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 06:04:51 pm by MistahJman »

Mostlynotgay

• Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2016, 08:25:45 am »
I think Abzan colored Lifegain would be most efficient.
Drana's Emissary, Zulaport, Blisterpod, Felidar Sovereign, with like feed the clan and Rot shambler, a couple Sultai emissary's, Jaddi offshoot and gideons, also maybe some from beyond's to trigger Bone splinters and zulaport. And of COURSE Siege Rhino. POWER
Actually imma build that right now.

Then you become just another Abzan clone XD.

Modern >

MistahJman

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2016, 09:12:37 pm »
Yeah, but Clones are not Abzan so i'm not a clone  :o

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2016, 09:31:36 pm »
     For this deck I would encourage the use of setessan battle priest and the white jeskai creatures that also have first strike and life link effects. This way whether your opponent takes the offense against you, you'd still be able to defend yourself and STILL gain health. Also playing instances that give you first strike and enchantments such as divine favor, creatures like auramancer and arashin cleric would be good ways to gain health and keep good field presence. Having life gain be the theme is not a bad strategy, but you are going to need a strategy as far as game plans go. The trick to a good life gain deck that is also mono white is being able to create synergy between the creatures and spells you play. for example, if you swung with setessan battle priest and then played feat of resistance she would gain +1/+1, protection from any color, you'd gain 2 life AND she would survive combat while destroying the other person's creature. It's the little strategies like that which help make decks last for the long haul.

MistahJman

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2016, 05:31:05 am »
Hmmmmm.....Also some Ajani's pridemate and Ajani steadfast might be good.