deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: R/B Eldrazi aggro - Comments  (Read 369 times)

Comment Bot

R/B Eldrazi aggro - Comments
« on: January 18, 2016, 11:14:41 pm »
This is the comment topic for R/B Eldrazi aggro.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für R/B Eldrazi aggro.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

Dringdar

• Decks
Re: R/B Eldrazi aggro - Comments
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 11:14:42 pm »
Run Sea-Gate Wreckage instead of Haven of the Spirit Dragon. Haven has no targets in your deck, so you get no advantage out of its ability to provide any colored mana, nor do you have any Dragons or Ugins to rebuy. Sea-Gate Wreckage provides the same colorless mana as Haven, but also packs a nifty card draw ability for if you run out of cards in hand.

Consider a copy or four of Blighted Fen. This deck is aggro focused, and as such will likely end up with too many lands every so often. Fen provides colorless mana when you need it, and an Edict effect when you've gotten enough mana.

Noob

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 02:13:55 am »
Oops! Thanks for pointing that out. That was supposed to be a Tomb of the Spirit Dragon, not a Haven of the Spirit Dragon (the Eldrazi have no love for Ugin!). The initial hope was that the deck has enough cards that can be played for value in the late game that it wouldn't run out of cards, but with each revision it's gotten more aggressive, and it seems like Sea Gate Wreckage could be a powerful addition. The blighted lands are powerful in this deck, and I can't decide between Blighted Fen for value or Blighted Gorge for added reach. For now, the Crumbling Vestiges are placeholders until I figure out how well the manabase works, and if I find I don't need four of them then some number of blighted lands will come in. Ty for the input!

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 04:10:09 am »
     I'm going to recommend adding Shadows of the past. This way as your creatures are dying you can scry through your deck and find what you need at just the right times. Best part is if you have excess mana left over you can just steal health from the opponent. It's a very useful card.