deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Rakdos Walker Land Kill - Comments  (Read 178 times)

Comment Bot

Rakdos Walker Land Kill - Comments
« on: January 31, 2016, 08:13:01 pm »
This is the comment topic for Rakdos Walker Land Kill.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Rakdos Walker Land Kill.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

BlastodermMan

• Swinging with Fatties, all day, every day
    • My PureMTGO Articles
  • Decks
Re: Rakdos Walker Land Kill - Comments
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 08:13:01 pm »
I know this is a work in progress deck. It seems really poorly positioned in Modern, as you have virtually nothing to do before turn 3. I'm not sure how this beats Burn, Zoo, or UR Delver, as all of those decks have very fst early clocks and/or disruption to prevent any of the LD from resolving in a meaningful way.  I'm also a little confused by Desperate Ritual in the board. I think if you are down with this particular version, you should consider both Desperate Ritual and Pyretic Ritual main to allow you to start blowing up lands on T2. It is probably worth it to cut Browbeat and Demolish to run a full 4-of for both Stone Rain and Molten Rain, and play an extra Chandra.

Having played a lot of LD decks over the years, I can say that this deck appears to suffer from the same things that my decks always did...no way to quickly close out the game. Sure, you can blow up lands, and maybe get a Planeswalker out or a couple artifacts, but in the end, they will interact with you and be able to rebuild from LD, and suddenly you find a loss instead of the game you were really in control of.  You may want to consider Smoldering Marsh to help smooth out the mana. I know you try to go with a budget plan, but those just came out in Battle for Zendikar, and are much cheaper than the fetch lands or shock land. Dragonskull Summit, an under one dollar rare, is another option to consider.

Here is a RB LD deck I ran across a few weeks ago that may interest you:
4 Fulminator Mage
2 Gurmag Angler
3 Simian Spirit Guide
3 Anger of the Gods
4 Molten Rain
1 Read the Bones
3 Stone Rain
4 Lightning Bolt
3 Terminate
1 Ultimate Price
2 Batterskull
3 Blood Moon
2 Outpost Siege
3 Blackcleave Cliffs
1 Blood Crypt
4 Bloodstained Mire
2 Ghost Quarter
12 Mountain
1 Polluted Delta
2 Swamp

1 Anger of the Gods
1 Ultimate Price
2 Chalice of the Void
2 Rakdos Charm
2 Rending Volley
2 Slaughter Games
3 Thoughtseize
2 Vandalblast

Obviously, Fulminator is probably problematic cost wise, but can be easily replaced with something like Goblin Ruinblaster, and uncommon with kicker that allows you to blow up a non-basic land.

Hope this helps.