deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Goblin Aggro  (Read 3074 times)

ColdSuicyde

• Decks
[Standard] Goblin Aggro
« on: February 01, 2016, 03:07:36 am »
Goblin Aggro

Strong option for budget players. Able to win out of nowhere.

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
Re: Goblin Aggro - Comments
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 09:27:33 pm »
You'll need something to trigger Chandra to flip, so it'll probably be best to leave her out, unless, you would consider using Instant/Sorcery spells like Titan's Strength. That should help you deal the 3+ damage to flip her.

ColdSuicyde

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Goblin Aggro
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 10:39:42 pm »
With cheap Goblin spells and/or the Subterranean Scout, she does 3 damage pretty easily. Tap her to deal 1 damage, play the scout, make Chandra unblockable, attack for 2 damage, Chandra flips. Once she flips, 2 more damage from her +1. The Abbots are still an option to make the deck faster by exiling a card and playing it before the end of the turn, but their prowess in this deck isn't really helpful. After play testing, this is what I've found. Both have their advantages.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 10:41:37 pm by ColdSuicyde »

solarstellar

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 09:29:12 pm »
Chandra doesn't flip that way.  She only checks for 3 damage when you use her tap ability.

yoshinobu

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 08:08:39 am »
It isn't written that Chandra should deals 3 damage by her ability. " If Chandra has dealt 3 or more damage this turn..." - then she flip. For example: Chandra deals 2 damage in combat, next you may use a instant or sorcery spell to untap Chandra, then you must use her ability to deals one more damage - then she flip. You must use her ability to flip her.
It not nesessery to use her tap ability 3 times...

Dboe

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 09:08:47 am »
Honestly, I'd remove chandra all together.

She isn't really necessary.  With rally/collected company decks, the best card I've seen work is Magmatic Chasm.  Most of the time, the creatures won't have flying, and here you go, swinging with a billion damage with your pile drivers.

yoshinobu

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 09:48:15 am »
Are you considered to add Zada, Hedron Grinder as a finisher?
You may cast Zada in 4.
5. you cast Magmatic Chasm and Titan's Strength. That's finish the game.

solarstellar

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 04:59:03 pm »
It isn't written that Chandra should deals 3 damage by her ability. " If Chandra has dealt 3 or more damage this turn..." - then she flip. For example: Chandra deals 2 damage in combat, next you may use a instant or sorcery spell to untap Chandra, then you must use her ability to deals one more damage - then she flip. You must use her ability to flip her.
I understand that. 

"Tap her to deal 1 damage, play the scout, make Chandra unblockable, attack for 2 damage, Chandra flips"

That does not work.  Chandra can only flip when you tap her by activating her ability.  She does not constantly check to see if 3 damage has been dealt.  In other words, you must attack for 2 damage FIRST, then use her ability to deal 1 more.  At that time, she checks for 3 damage and flips.

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2016, 06:07:23 pm »
I understand that. 

"Tap her to deal 1 damage, play the scout, make Chandra unblockable, attack for 2 damage, Chandra flips"

That does not work.  Chandra can only flip when you tap her by activating her ability.  She does not constantly check to see if 3 damage has been dealt.  In other words, you must attack for 2 damage FIRST, then use her ability to deal 1 more.  At that time, she checks for 3 damage and flips.

Huh, I've been playing her wrong since she came out, then. Oops.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

ColdSuicyde

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2016, 01:20:31 pm »
I have looked up her rules and it is correct that she has to attack 1st and then ping for one to be flipped. So far, I have played many games with her in this deck and have used her more than a few times and NO ONE has ever corrected me on playing her with: ping, scout, attack, flip. That, to me, isn't the way the card reads and doesn't exactly make sense to me that she has to be used that way, but it is what it is. I am going to find a replacement for her and I will post it when I do. If someone can explain to me WHY it works this way, in a way that TRULY makes sense, please do!

solarstellar

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2016, 06:26:54 pm »
The card should probably read

"tap: Chandra deals 1 damage AND if she has now dealt 3 or more, flip her."

The check for 3 damage happens as part of the resolution of the tap ability.  i.e.

tap: {stuff that happens ONLY when you tap her}

Imagine the card had text that was outside of her tap ability, such as:

"If Chandra ever deals 3 damage in a turn, flip her."

This would be much better.  It basically boils down to the difference between activated abilities and state-based checks.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 08:56:00 pm by solarstellar »

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2016, 08:23:26 pm »
I have looked up her rules and it is correct that she has to attack 1st and then ping for one to be flipped. So far, I have played many games with her in this deck and have used her more than a few times and NO ONE has ever corrected me on playing her with: ping, scout, attack, flip. That, to me, isn't the way the card reads and doesn't exactly make sense to me that she has to be used that way, but it is what it is. I am going to find a replacement for her and I will post it when I do. If someone can explain to me WHY it works this way, in a way that TRULY makes sense, please do!

Because exacty what the card reads, "If chandra has dealt 3 damage or more damage this turn This part of the abilty checks for damage. Doesn't matter what type of damage or if it's a creature or player. If this is met, then chandra is exiled then flipped. The first part "Deal 1 damage to target player" only becomes relevant when status check for 3 damage or more.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me