deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: Everyone's favorite colors and why.  (Lu 11285 fois)

aizbert065

• Decks
Re: Everyone's favorite colors and why.
« Réponse #15 le: Février 16, 2016, 02:32:22 pm »
So I wanna go:

1- BLACK: this color is insane, it's not just destruction or reanimation, it's the control deck that kills your opponent while he doesn't realise you're throwing away every hope he has to win, and it's the answer to almost everything you can face.. 9 of my favourite 10 cards are black. surgical extraction, extirpate, duress (and similars), phyrexian obliterator, infinite obliteration, abrupt decay, maelstrom pulse, dark petition and blightning (the tenth is vexing devil), but also languish is a card i love

2- WHITE: i love white 'cause i think is very under-extimated, but it's very strong.

3- GREEN: the perfect match with black, golgari is a very strong combination. huge creatures and huge fun also to play against

4- RED: too many people play red burn, this is why do i hate this very aggressive color

5- BLUE: counter your spells, draw many cards.. force of will, ponder, brainstorm.. the most played color.. so boering. twincast and show and tell are the only blue cards i would play

Jayson

• Legacy play who dabbles in Modern.
  • Decks
« Réponse #16 le: Février 24, 2016, 07:03:28 am »
Hey guys, I'm new to forums in general so let me know if I'm missing some etiquette or need to fix something, but this seemed like a really good question and I wanted to throw in my opinion, it's nothing new but still fun to share. The TL;DR version is I like all of them equally as far as what the have to offer (although I'm not too keen on Red), and if you're blending them green and white work best for me personally. Individually though they have too much to offer to pick just one.

White: Probably the colour that I'd play if I only had to choose one. So many options, and everything seems fair. Serra angel holds a spot in every long time player's heart I think. White has always been good and a few times I think it has been the best, from control to stand-out creature White always offers something even if it's overlooked. I feel like it's a rite of passage as a Magic player to start with a White or a White/Green deck. Everything makes sense and you feel like you get fair value from every creature or spell, and what do Magic players love more than value?

Blue: MORE VALUE, the only thing Magic players love more than value is something with MORE value. That's what Blue offers. Mono Blue Merfolk is my favourite deck to play because Blue offers you something that a lot of other colours don't: Free counterspells! And how can you say no to free? Blue has had the most format shaping cards, and in Legacy almost every deck will splash Blue if given the chance. I think the more you grow as a magic player the more you come to appreciate what this colour offers you.

Black: Very much related to White, but on the opposite side of the spectrum. Where White will offer a your opponent an upside (Swords to plowshares will exile a creature but also heal them, Path to Exile will exile but give them a basic land) and that's considered fair, Black will hurt you and that's considered fair (Thoughtseize deals you damage, Dark Confidant does the same). Black will win at all costs and that's why it's such a good combo colour. It's literally win or die trying! 

Red: I really don't like burn, bu at the same time red is so good it's a shame that my first thought is negative! Splinter Twin owned an entire format after all! Yes many red cards are owned by Leyline of Sanctity, but you know what? Reanimator dies to Leyline of the Void and no one gives it the same type of bad reputation. I think Red is the most useful colour in conjunction with another. Blue/Red Delver ROCKS, because it's a Burn Deck that will also out Aggro you. Small Zoo has beat my (Modern) Merfolk deck 2 weeks in a row at my local Meta, I have huge respect for Red but I think that it's at its best when used with another colour.     

Green: MC Hammer loves this colour, so do I. I feel that this is the most honest colour, probably the most tricky thing you can do with Green is a few combat tricks to boost your damage in between Declare Blockers Step and Damage. But nothing feels better as a new player than Mana ramping and playing a HUGE creature that your friends have no way to deal with (luckily when I was starting out me and my friends never knew about Doomblade or other cheap removal, the most effective thing was to have a bigger badder creature!) and I think that's something all Magic player like. Having a creature so big their opponents don't know what to do but say a prayer as they try and topdeck an answer.

Colourless: I had to add this,I mean Modern is currently owned by Eldrazi so Colourless (Generic? Waste Mana? Purple-y Diamond stuff?) is certainly a "Colour" on its own now. MUD or "Robots" and Affinity have also been long-term staples that deserve a mention. I don't have much experience with colourless decks, but I will say that this is the category with the most "bombs" in it. Ugin the Spirit Dragon, Blightsteel Colossus, Karn Liberated (just to name a few).

jaceperry

• Planeswalking to all planes 1 at a time
  • Decks
« Réponse #17 le: Février 24, 2016, 07:59:53 am »
Jayson you did fine and I am glad to see another fellow blue lover even though yours is second but Like I have told people the reason I play blue isn't to say counter. I run it to play "chess" in magic. I love having games were one mistake means you lost. Now don't get me wrong Omniscience shouldn't be a thing that card is just no. and i you combine that with Taimayo moon sage ult. Might as well scoop your cards there because they will win that game.
Mind Mage at heart.

Jace27

• Combo+Combo=More combos :)
  • Decks
« Réponse #18 le: Février 25, 2016, 09:45:07 pm »
Blue: I just love the ability to say no whenever someone plays a card. I am also super obsessed with the idea of taking extra turns (Check out my extra turn deck).

White: White just seems to have so many ways to play it. Control, combo, aggro, and even affinity.

Colorless: I love playing affinity decks, and I stand by the palladium myr, 2 myr galvinizer infinite mana combo.

Black: The perfect way to destroy any card.

Red: Aggro decks and burn decks can be fun, but they get boring after a little while.

Green: Ramp is cool, but otherwise nothing really interests me from green.
For my opponents, a healthy diet of counterspells, artifacts, and crazy combos.

Konjiikhan

• Decks
« Réponse #19 le: Avril 06, 2016, 08:10:00 am »
GREEN: first deck was elves ramp into thorn elemental. offers soooo much flexibility and aggro.always seems to have an answer to anything played.
RED/WHITE:  tie for me in second spot. love aggro. love heals. love burn. flexibility to control ,fly,vigilance, first stike. speed kills.many goblins kill.
Black: tit for tat but it gets the job done.nice theme decks or as a splash for other colors. removal is bar none.used to play a graveyard deck so i still hold black dear. so many things to do never boring in black.
BLUE: i only use splash blue IF i play blue. im a go getter not a thinker.blue is slow to me. sure counterspells are nice an all...but blue is not my playstyle.

ep1cn00b

• Strive 2 be strange Refuse 2 be normal!
  • Decks
« Réponse #20 le: Avril 06, 2016, 06:00:24 pm »
For me the rankings are as follows.

1.) Red-simply because when I first picked up a deck of Magic cards, it was a friend's Red Aggro Burn deck. I liked the quick pace and that you could do so much damage without even having a creature on the field.

2.) Black- thats mainly because I like the Deathtouch ability and the idea of poison counters. Plus one of my favorite card ever printed was a black planeswalker Sorin, Lord of Innistrad

3.) Green- This is because I like the quick buffs that are available for this color. ALso, one of my favorite decks I have ever seen played was a mono green years ago that my friend called his "Elvish Mafia" deck. He was able to get SO MANY elf tokens on the field SO FAST, there was no way anyone could contend with it. He usually had about 10+ creatures by turn 4.

4.) White- I have always liked the angels that were from this set and Elspeth, Sun's Champion is my second favorite planeswalker.

5.) Blue- this is because this has a lot of control cards. I have never had much luck with control, which is why this is my least favorite.
« Modifié: Avril 06, 2016, 06:02:32 pm par ep1cn00b »

Splume

• Decks
« Réponse #21 le: Avril 06, 2016, 06:23:30 pm »
1. Blue: One aspect of blue that I haven't seen mentioned very much is Evasion.  I love the number of blue creatures with evasion abilities that allow me to go around my opponents' blockers while I sit behind walls.  Control is my favourite type of deck to play, and no colour is better at it than blue.

2. White: Gaining life, Arrest, Pacifism, cards like Serra Angel, Thalia's Lieutenant... I feel like white is the colour best suited to be played by itself (though Blue and Green work fairly well too).  White's creatures work together very effectively, and you have access to Exiling, some Evasion, and a good amount of Control.  The reason I prefer blue is that white lacks card-drawing and its creatures tend to be slightly smaller than blue's.

3. Black: Black is the colour of death; everyone thinks of removal when they think of black.  I enjoy black because I can eliminate most creatures on the board, though anything with Hexproof becomes very problematic.  The reason I don't like black as much as White and Blue is that Black doesn't have as many strong finishers (aside from Demons) and that black cards tend to hurt you, which is very risky against Aggro/Burn decks.

4. Red: I feel like Red shouldn't really be 4th, since it's also a very strong colour.  The main problem with Red is that it doesn't work as well without support from another color, except in an aggro-type deck.  Red doesn't involve as much strategy and thinking as other colours, and often times you can be decimated by a couple of removal spells.  Red is a strong colour, but it needs the support of something like Blue or Black to be more effective, in my opinion.

5. Green: I've never been fond of Green.  Green, to me, is about getting a big creature out as early as possible through ramping and then destroying the opponent with it.  The problem with Green is that it doesn't play fast enough, lacks any sort of removal, and its creatures are very vulnerable to kill spells.  Green is also extremely vulnerable to Flying decks unless you go out of your way to get Spiders, etc. There are plenty of strong cards in Green and plenty of strong multicolored cards including Green, but Green to me doesn't seem as powerful as the other colours.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Réponse #22 le: Avril 06, 2016, 06:33:07 pm »
Green actually has some of the best removal in SOI in Clip Wings, Rabid Bite, & Root Out.

All colors creatures are vulnerable to kill spells barring hexproof or shroud.

This space for rent.

brileysixx

• Decks
« Réponse #23 le: Avril 06, 2016, 06:42:03 pm »
I hate green, cuz green players always send out a crap ton of big monsters early in the game.
I hate black, cuz black players always remove all my stuff and put curses on me.
I hate red, cuz red players burn away all my stuff and kill me too fast.
I hate blue, cuz blue players just counter everything while they draw cards forever.
And I hate white, cuz I play white and I hate myself.

But seriously

1.Blue - I get to counter all your stuff and draw a bunch of cards and you cant block me.

2.White - I gain lots of life as I buff my army that never taps, while having loads of removal.

3.Black - I can get rid of anything and my graveyard is my BFF, and lots of nifty mechanics.

4.Green - I can ramp up mana for days and shoot out bomb creatures for low mana cost.

5.Red - I can burn things and do a lot of work real fast, and lots of my creatures get haste.
« Modifié: Avril 06, 2016, 06:44:18 pm par brileysixx »

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Réponse #24 le: Avril 07, 2016, 06:21:58 am »
  @brileysixx, you might want to stick to just playing colorless artifacts and Eldrazi then if that's how you feel about colors. I mean the thing about magic is that even though the color has the power you are the one manipulating it. For example, I can play a mono-black deck and use BURN spells such as pharika's cure, alms of the vein, or sinister possession. Or I can play G/W and play the deck with so much life gain and protection that it functions like a control deck. The color is simply the identifying marker of the deck, but it's up to you, the player, to decide how that color will work for you.

BloodyPython

• Decks
« Réponse #25 le: Avril 16, 2016, 06:46:08 pm »
This will be tricky.
#1 is Black by a long shot. Aside from my first couple of "decks" I don't think I have played one without at very least splashing black. My first ever Modern deck was mono black Vampires and my current deck is 8-Rakdos (check it out in the advice forum) I will be a black mage till I die. Vampires, Zombies, demons, kill spells, and hand attack?? Sign me up!

#2 is Blue. As you may be able to tell by my first couple colours I am not always the most fun to play against. I love control. long games with intense mental effort and mind games. no one does that better than blue

#3/4 are very close for me because i use both of them almost solely as support colours. Not that they are any less important but Red and White take up this hybrid slot. Kolaghan's command, terminate and rakdos charm are the reason my version of 8 rack works so I have to have respect for red in regards to it's support capabilities. As for white.. I'm a control guy.. esper control is a thing.. always has been, always will be. nuff said.

Magic has a fifth colour?? OH RIGHT that abomination that plays massive creatures for 47 mana that I love to doom blade

brileysixx

• Decks
« Réponse #26 le: Avril 19, 2016, 06:59:26 am »
  @brileysixx, you might want to stick to just playing colorless artifacts and Eldrazi then if that's how you feel about colors. I mean the thing about magic is that even though the color has the power you are the one manipulating it. For example, I can play a mono-black deck and use BURN spells such as pharika's cure, alms of the vein, or sinister possession. Or I can play G/W and play the deck with so much life gain and protection that it functions like a control deck. The color is simply the identifying marker of the deck, but it's up to you, the player, to decide how that color will work for you.

I was being sarcastic...

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Réponse #27 le: Avril 19, 2016, 07:14:19 am »
   My bad, thought you were an Eldrazi or something.

zretrareo27

• Decks
« Réponse #28 le: Avril 21, 2016, 01:36:04 am »
I suppose I can comment! Most liked to least liked.
White - the ultimate in defense. A great offense is a strong defense. Has good all around game play and offers many legendary angels that just plain win.
Red - fast paced, fun cards that can surprise your opponent, but burns out quick.
Green - a staple of mana ramping that is fantastic when paired with red or white, so my support color
Black - a fun play, I find myself not able to take these decks seriously - they are either amazing or awful
Blue - blue just makes me mad. quit countering my high mana cost things. staph. strange creatures with strange abilities.

My favorite guilds are Boros and Naya, no surprise.

zretrareo27

• Decks
« Réponse #29 le: Avril 21, 2016, 01:38:11 am »
Serra angel holds a spot in every long time player's heart I think.
She was a staple in my flyer decks, I feel like a jerk for replacing her with Herald of the Host in my decks. Hah.