deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] BorBor ThrowThrow  (Read 1317 times)

Shirrian

• Dutch MTG enthousiast
  • Decks
[EDH / Commander] BorBor ThrowThrow
« on: February 26, 2016, 02:49:55 pm »
BorBor ThrowThrow

It's the deck where you throw everything you have at your opponents! Creatures, lands, Sorceries and Instants! Everything is there to protect Borborygmos, find lands, draw cards or is otherwise used as utility.

Advice is welcome, I used several other lists as inspiration :)

CommanderMeanderer

• Previously Iceburgh EDH
  • Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] BorBor ThrowThrow
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 09:06:30 pm »
First off, love the deck. Land-influenced strategy is always awesome.

The flaw I see in the deck is not enough basic lands. I counted 18 cards that fetch only basic lands (many of them fetching multiple lands), and then theres only... 13 basic lands. That doesn't balance out well. Your ramp will easily become simple shuffle effects when you have no basics to search up anymore. You're also losing synergy with Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle and Groundskeeper. These should both be all stars with your commander. The absolute most Valakut triggers you could possibly get right now is 3, and the probability of that happening is pretty low.
You don't have to worry about having so many lands that tap for R and G, as long as you have a ramp card and a forest in your starting hand (which you really should with all the repetition in the deck) you know you'll have access to both colors no problem.

I'm also not sure Rites of Spring is a good card. What cards are you pitching from your hand so you can search? If you're discarding spells, chances are whatever you find yourself pitching needs to be replaced in the deck (not to say that situational cards don't exist, but I'd rather hold on to a Chaos Warp than pitch it for a basic land). If you're pitching lands, then it's useless.

Anyway, that's just my opinion, and I know you've tested/worked with the deck and know it way better than I do.
Hope I helped and happy deck building!
Disclaimer: I am a casual player. I hope to help in all of my posts, but my opinion and suggestions are not perfect. Please correct me on any wrong or non-optimal information.