deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: What does your playgroup expect from you?  (Lu 2646 fois)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
What does your playgroup expect from you?
« le: Mars 07, 2016, 05:08:40 pm »
I've found that commonly we look at players and expect certain things out of them/their decks. So what has your playgroup came to recognize you for?

For me it's a few things:

* In standard, when I was playing it regularly, they expect me to me a Timmy and look to ramp like crazy to drop big bombs. Occasionally I would throw them off by going speedy weenie decks.

* The guy that includes basic snow lands in his EDH decks just for grins and giggles.

* I'm also the guy that's going to do something during the game they consider "mean", like -3 Sorin with Wound Reflection out.

* Lots of graveyard shenanigans.
This space for rent.

EBWonder

• Doing the voodoo that I do so well
  • Decks
Re: What does your playgroup expect from you?
« Réponse #1 le: Mars 08, 2016, 08:36:32 am »
For me, it's not showing up to FNM because I'm off writing a paper.

Drunk Cynic

• Abusing the Terrible and Neglected
  • Decks
« Réponse #2 le: Mars 15, 2016, 05:53:45 am »
When they get used to me:

Something that will be interesting if it works, but is completely okay with it not working.
Openly annoyed, at myself, if I've shown up with a deck that mirror's another.
The guy that points out each trigger explicitly.
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.
If I throw statistics at you, they likely came from:
http://stattrek.com/online-calculator/hypergeometric.aspx

[email protected]

• Decks
« Réponse #3 le: Mars 15, 2016, 07:02:37 am »
Speed. Just one thing I am know for at FNM is my faster decks. Right now it is goblins after April might try a U/B deck.

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Réponse #4 le: Mars 15, 2016, 09:22:45 am »
they know me as the guy who builds decks that are meant to just do stupid, hilarious stuff. Sometimes they win XD.

Also, the guy who actually has a selection. I try to keep it interesting so I've got like 20 different decks. The other guys have 5, 2. There's one guy who only plays one deck (jeskai ascendancy... Nobody likes him).
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

matothias

• THUG LIFE
  • Decks
« Réponse #5 le: Mars 15, 2016, 10:46:07 pm »
For me its been playing annoying decks that make me gain like 200 life while bringing the beatdown with enormous creatures, and making the other players want to murder me and my 'crappy' decks.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Réponse #6 le: Mars 16, 2016, 12:39:16 am »
Also, the guy who actually has a selection. I try to keep it interesting so I've got like 20 different decks. The other guys have 5, 2. There's one guy who only plays one deck (jeskai ascendancy... Nobody likes him).

This too. My playgroup is mostly EDH & occasionally modern. Most of the group hover around 3 decks of EDH & 1 modern. I always have around 10 EDH decks & 6 modern decks along with one or two that I'm playing.
This space for rent.