deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Session aktualisieren button and then try again.

Autor Thema: The new DeckStats.net  (Gelesen 4998 mal)

Nils

• Decks
The new DeckStats.net
« am: Oktober 06, 2011, 11:29:55 Nachmittag »
After several weeks of work I'm happy to announce that I just updated DeckStats.net to the latest version!

The most important changes:
  • Discuss decks: You can now post comments about decks!
  • Short URLs: The deck.tk short URLs are back and more reliable now.
  • Prices: The US card prices are now more accurate and complete.
  • Layout: The deck statistics now use a tabbed layout which should make it much easier to navigate.
  • Improved deck lists: Comments on single cards as well as OCTGN decks are now supported.
To the new DeckStats.net!

Please post your feedback here!
« Letzte Änderung: Oktober 09, 2011, 05:54:27 Nachmittag von error »

Feyd_Ruin

• Decks
Re: The new DeckStats.net
« Antwort #1 am: Oktober 10, 2011, 04:33:20 Vormittag »
First off, I want to say I love the deck statistics and site you provide. I've been using this for quite some time, and this is the first time I get to say thanx, so "Thanx!"

I love the new additions, but I think the deck database is still missing 1 thing:
The ability to edit the deck.

This will be beneficial to all users, as they won't have to make a new entry when they misstyped, do a small change, etc. This way, they don't have to update posted links to the deck, the new comments will stay with the deck, rather then getting lost in the shuffle, etc. It's also beneficial to you since you tie a user to the deck via login, which makes more people signup, and it will greatly reduce the number of database entries. I know I've made quite a numerous number of them when all I was doing was updating a deck that was already in there. In a site like this, the lower the overhead the better.

Technically:
The hard part is already done when you added logins to the front page with the comment system. All you really need to do is add an entry for Deck_Creator_ID to the deck's row, which is tied it to our account login id. User-end updating is the same as creating, except that it picks up our login and adds an "Update Deck" button next to the "Analyze" button if our userid matches the deck. You can reuse most of your new deck php code - just do an update sql query rather than an add for the deck's info. It keeps the same deck id, etc, so there's no need to create a new deck link. Comments won't actually have to do any migration since they should be tied to the deck id as well.

If there's any user-end confusion as to updating, you could simply add an "Update Deck" tab, which would take a little more php/html work, but would give it a sleaker look. Also a great place to add a "Login or Signup to be able to Edit your decks!" which would further drive signups and ultimately increase forum participation.

You (or your coder) could probably do it in one or two redbull-driven coding session, plus some testing.

Just a suggestion.
Either way, thanks for all of this!
:)
« Letzte Änderung: Oktober 10, 2011, 04:35:12 Vormittag von Feyd_Ruin »

Nils

• Decks
« Antwort #2 am: Oktober 14, 2011, 03:09:00 Nachmittag »
Hey Feyd_Ruin,

I'm sorry for the slow reply!

I have been planning something like this for a while now, but unfortunately it's a bit more complicated than what you are suggesting. There are two main reasons for this:

1. The account system is not actually part of DeckStats.net, but forum.deckstats.net. This means that there is no good way to authenticate users directly on the site. If you look at the source code of the comments page, you will notice that the comment form is actually an iframe served from forum.deckstats.net, because otherwise I wouldn't be able to access the user account. In order to allow decks to be tied to an account I would either have to integrate the authentication directly into deckstats.net or program some sort of system where decks are sent back and forth between the two sites.

2. I have to save each and every iteration of a deck anyway, because otherwise certain features wouldn't work anymore. For example, the HTML/BB code generator adds a link to the deck statistics. So to be able to generate the code, the deck has to be saved in the database already. The same goes for the German/English links at the top, which only work because the deck is already saved in the DB.

That said, I do have an idea how to solve these issues and hopefully add saved decks in the future, but it might take a week or two till I'll have the chance to work on this. Please bear with me! ;)

Cheers,

Nils
« Letzte Änderung: Oktober 14, 2011, 05:08:05 Nachmittag von error »

junixr

• Decks
« Antwort #3 am: November 08, 2011, 04:31:21 Vormittag »
Thanks for thjis site.. I hope i can get some insights on how to build the best decks in such a very low budget..

piper185

• Decks
« Antwort #4 am: Februar 23, 2012, 11:45:10 Nachmittag »
3X Swamp
17X Mountain
4X Akoum Refuge
4X Lightning Bolt
4X Psychic Miasma
2X Turn to Slag
2X Shrine of Burning Rage
2X Pyroclasm