deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: Toy Land Affinity - Comments  (Lu 351 fois)

Comment Bot

• Invité
Toy Land Affinity - Comments
« le: Mars 14, 2016, 05:25:18 pm »
This is the comment topic for Toy Land Affinity.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Toy Land Affinity.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

DelverMage

• Decks
Re: Toy Land Affinity - Comments
« Réponse #1 le: Mars 14, 2016, 05:25:18 pm »
This a more budget conscious version of Affinity, that takes advantage of the speed and opening sequences of Affinity, but supports it with a different set of lands, and high level spells.

For example, Dread Statuary is in there in place of Inkmoth Nexus, plus there is only 1 Blinkboth Nexus. 
Mox Opal is replaced by Darksteel Ingot, which is also an excellent target for Ensoul Artifact.
There is really no substitute for Arcbound Ravager, as it was highly efficient in either making use of a dying artifact or taking advantage of an opportunity to deal damage.  I simply substituted Shrapnel Blast, to make efficient use of the same situation, but as an instant effect instead of a creature presence.
Also using 4 Ensoul Artifacts in place of a number of other expensive creatures.  This is not new tech, but is not in much favor lately.

PlaneScaper

• Decks
« Réponse #2 le: Mars 15, 2016, 04:26:55 am »
I like the deck myself and wish I had more to say.

DelverMage

• Decks
« Réponse #3 le: Mars 15, 2016, 10:51:49 pm »
So far this deck has done great, and since my last round of tweaks it has not lost a best of 3 match.

That being said, I really had to work hard for those wins, and usually around cards that are dead in my hand.

So the following changes have been made.

-1 Shrapnel Blast
-1 Tezzeret, the Seeker

+2 Thoughtcast

I also tweaked the SB.

DelverMage

• Decks
« Réponse #4 le: Avril 19, 2016, 03:26:09 pm »

DelverMage

• Decks
« Réponse #5 le: Avril 19, 2016, 05:19:29 pm »
Here is the mana base, which is quite a bit different than standard Affinity decks.

1 Blinkmoth Nexus :  Because I only have a single Blinkmoth Nexus I have only included one.  I may eventually include a second one and have one less Dread Statuary.

4 City of Brass : I have added these City of Brass as a replacement for some of the lands like Blinkmoth Nexus and Inkmoth Nexus that are not in this deck, but it also serves to cover the colored mana needs that this deck has with Thoughtcast and Galvanic Blast.  This was really needed as there are no Mox Opal in this deck.

4 Darksteel Citadel - This is standard for Affinity decks.  I have included all 4, and because it is an artifact and indestructible it becomes a great target for Ensoul Artifact.

4 Dread Statuary - This is my creature land replacement for the missing Blinkmoth and Inkmoth lands.  It takes longer to get into action, but as a 4/4 it is a more powerful attacker and defender.  It also tends to be forgotten by opponents and the first time you activate it there is a bit of a surprise factor.

3 Ghost Quarter - I have seen this card both main board and sideboard in various Affinity decks.  I have mainboarded it and often it does not get used beyond mana generation.  There has been the occasion, where an early opportunity to knock off a special land on turn one or turn two really shuts your opponent down, and gives your toy army a chance to chew them into bits.

1 Mountain - This is the token basic land that is most useful when some else either Ghost Quarter's you, or plays Path to Exile.  The current version could just as easily have an Island here.

« Modifié: Avril 20, 2016, 03:18:21 am par DelverMage »

DelverMage

• Decks
« Réponse #6 le: Avril 20, 2016, 02:25:04 am »
Here are some new choices for this deck.

4 Darksteel Ingot - This is a replacement for colored mana generation, but as an indestructible item also becomes an excellent target for Ensoul Artifact.

4 Ensoul Artifact - This card also has a history within Affinity decks.  As with other cards I have mentioned this card shows up in the main with some decks with some number up to four, or in the sideboard.  Because of some of the changes I have made to the core Affinity base, there is a full play set in the main deck.  It makes a really nice flying 5/5 ornathopter, or a 5/5 Darksteel Ingot or Darksteel Citadel.  It even fits really nice on Vault Skirge too.  This is the most versatile card in the deck.

3 Epochrasite - This card is my newest addition to the deck.  It has not proved its usefulness one way or the other.  As often as decks strip out the tiny toy army, Epochrasite will eventually come back and bigger than before.  I am not convinced that its return to play will be quick enough to be useful.  Not near as nice as Arcbound Ravager, but there really isn't anything else like the ravager that is still an artifact.  You would have to combine Nantuko Husk with Servant of the Scale to get what the ravager can do.

DelverMage

• Decks
« Réponse #7 le: Avril 20, 2016, 02:52:25 am »
Lastly here is the Sideboard as I have it currently.  As one knows, the sideboard really needs to be customized for the metagame in which the deck would be seeing play.  This is the generic version that seems to always have some answers for most decks I have played against.

3 Dismember - This is a strong card in nearly any Modern sideboard.  It handles many of the big creatures that folks tend to use.  In this deck Dismember has taken out Tarmogoyf, Reality Smasher, Thought-knot Seer, and a number of smaller threats as well.

3 Wear // Tear -  Some generic protection for enchantment or artifact tricks that some folks decks use.  It has saved me from a few trick decks and the returned Sword of the Meek combo with Thopter Foundry.

2 Relic of Progenitus - This is also a fairly standard staple card in Modern sideboards.  It helps protect from graveyard schenanigans including the above mentioned combo.

3 Mizzium Meddler - While hardly a replacement for Spellskite it can still come as a surprise, and at instant speed as well.

2 Torpor Orb - Here is another Modern sideboard choice.  I helps shut down anything that likes to blink creatures for recursive effects.  There is also quite a number of fringe decks where people like to have bomb cards to sweep the board or trigger some tiny army in to a swarm of death, like various goblin/merfolk/human ally decks. 

2 Death's Shadow - This is my answer to ramp decks and midrange decks that like to steadily knock you down.  I will replace Memnite with Death's Shadow.  I still am considering putting this card in the main board, but as it is not an artifact creature, I continue to try to find an answer.  I am currently interviewing Epochrasite for the position.
« Modifié: Avril 20, 2016, 02:59:22 am par DelverMage »

BlastodermMan

• Swinging with Fatties, all day, every day
    • My PureMTGO Articles
  • Decks
« Réponse #8 le: Mai 10, 2016, 03:59:38 am »
I like your SB for this deck as listed. Looking at the "Maybe Board" cards on your list, I'm assuming that they are "maybe board/maybe main", which would be good. I understand there may be budget constraints, but I really think you need sets of Inkmoth and Blinkmoth in the deck, and I would absolutely play them over the Ghost Quarters and Dread Statuary. GLimmervoid is an obvious upgrade to City of Brass, but the two can be interchangeable in budget builds.

I think I would cut 2 Darksteel Ingot and add in an additional Steel Overseer and Master of Etherium. I'm sure you are knowledgeable of the standard Affinity builds, so I'm not going to suggest you switch to that. Plus, really, the Moxes are outrageous. But I think the 7 lands, and the addition of 2 more "lords" could  help bring together what you are going for.

DelverMage

• Decks