deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tópico: Undying and Persisting - Comments  (Lida 978 vezes)

Comment Bot

• Visitante
Undying and Persisting - Comments
« em: Fevereiro 23, 2014, 12:19:55 am »
This is the comment topic for Undying and Persisting.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Undying and Persisting.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

JoshyTaubs

• Decks
Re: Undying and Persisting - Comments
« Responder #1 em: Fevereiro 23, 2014, 12:19:55 am »
too many guildgate type lands

Reeze17

• Visitante
« Responder #2 em: Fevereiro 23, 2014, 02:00:23 am »
Wow, I didn't even realize! here, fixed up, it is a lot better. I think I was just lost in the fact is was three colors and I wanted to evenly cover each of them.

JacG

• Decks
« Responder #3 em: Fevereiro 24, 2014, 11:49:30 am »
I've been prototyping a deck that has a similar basic idea to this. You can see it here: https://deckstats.net/decks/9519/67780-undying/en
I think the two cards from it you could use are "Ion Storm" and "Cauldron of Souls." Both of them make Undying creatures stick around a LOT longer than they should.

Reeze17

• Visitante
« Responder #4 em: Fevereiro 25, 2014, 02:01:45 am »
I love "Ion Storm!" I will see where I can fit it in. I also like the use of Exava. However, "Cauldron of Souls" is rather pointless, as they all have persist or undying already. It wouldn't help my undying, that is a common misconception due to the rarity of the event occurring, but, when a creature has a +1/+1 counter on it and then has a -1/-1 counter place, it does not remove the original counter, it is just nullified.

JacG

• Decks
« Responder #5 em: Fevereiro 25, 2014, 04:18:22 am »
There actually is an interaction between counters:
121.3 If a permanent has both a +1/+1 counter and a -1/-1 counter on it, N +1/+1 and N -1/-1
counters are removed from it, where N is the smaller of the number of +1/+1 and -1/-1 counters
on it.
Source: https://media.wizards.com/images/magic/tcg/resources/rules/MagicCompRules_21031101.pdf
I was using this interaction to give a creature with Undying (and a +1/+1 on it already) persist, so that it would come back with a -1/-1. Then, it could stick around to die (and return) again.
I hope I don't come of as a jerk with my rules-ninja bit there :/

JacG

• Decks
« Responder #6 em: Fevereiro 25, 2014, 04:23:22 am »
I did some further reading, and the counters *can* exits on the card simultaneously, but only until state-based actions are checked (at which point some of them are annihilated).

Reeze17

• Visitante
« Responder #7 em: Fevereiro 26, 2014, 04:43:43 am »
Very interesting. Thank you for pointing that out, I was told otherwise during an unofficial tournament.