deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Avaricious Dragon madness deck  (Read 1683 times)

angorashi

• Decks
[Standard] Avaricious Dragon madness deck
« on: May 11, 2016, 08:30:00 am »
Avaricious Dragon madness deck

Uses Avaricious Dragon and Asylum Visitor, among other one-time cards, to give heavy draws, and Avaricious Dragon among other one-time cards to trigger madness through discard.

angorashi

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Avaricious Dragon madness deck
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 08:31:40 am »
I've mostly played modern with a bunch of friends, but recently we've started building standard decks for local nights. This is my first attempt at using a card I loved the concept of pre-Shadows of Innistrad, and just last night decided to make work. I'd love input and ideas!

NathanJ

• Decks
Re: Avaricious Dragon madness deck - Comments
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 09:29:31 am »
I dig it. I was actually thinking recently that the Avaricious Dragon would be a powerhouse in a Madness deck, and this one looks good.

angorashi

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 12:12:27 pm »
Thanks man! It's worked well in the games I've played with it so well, although I'm debating fitting in four Thunderbreak Regent, and two more Haven of the Spirit Dragon, and removing Macabre Waltz. I feel like the focus on 4-drop dragons in this deck could be interesting. I've thinking two more Heir of Falkenrath in place of Insolent Acolytes- they're serving quite well so far!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 12:15:50 pm by angorashi »

NathanJ

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 11:52:43 am »
Thunderbreak Regent is a beast. Plus it provides cover for the Avaricious Dragon, who kind of serves as the Madness engine. Personally I like the idea, but I also really like dragons... And yeah, those Heirs of Falkenreath are good ones. I helped a friend build a Vampire tribal and then had him proceed to beat the crap out of me with that card... They can win games for sure.