deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Plague of Rats - Comments  (Read 468 times)

Comment Bot

Plague of Rats - Comments
« on: May 21, 2016, 07:13:57 pm »
This is the comment topic for Plague of Rats.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Plague of Rats.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

lulusinner

• Decks
Re: Plague of Rats - Comments
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 07:13:57 pm »
have you considered ogre slumlord, cos deathtouch for all rats is nice, well not nice, mean its mean. which is basically the same thing.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 12:43:17 am »
   This can be a dangerous deck if you build it right.If you added hideous visage then you could give all of your creatures intimidate which would help press for damage in mid to late games. Also just an idea, you may want to incorporate some hand hate into this deck. It'll help keep the enemy at bay since you have a small group that needs to grow into many.

lulusinner

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 01:24:00 am »
  If you added hideous visage then you could give all of your creatures intimidate which would help press for damage in mid to late games.

But Marrow Gnawer gives fear which is basically same thing. but also things like door of destinies for the mid to late game. when the weaker rats would die and debuff the ones past on number of rats which makes it vunerable to stuff like burn.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 06:55:18 am »
   That's a pretty good idea. Would you prefer to keep this deck Mono-Black or would you be willing to add Red or Green to it? I'm used to playing multi-color decks so it would help if I knew which direction you're taking this deck.

hotrodscott

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 10:36:11 pm »
looks awesome!   I'll probably put it together and try it!    swarmyard  might be nice :D     Here's my    rat deck . I think the list here is a bit dated, on MTGO, I think I'm playing 15 relentless rats now and touch more removal/control.  It combos off pretty consistently and is surprisingly competitive. 

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 06:26:12 am »
    I never knew that Swarmyard even existed, that looks like a great card.

PTyrrell

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 06:16:00 pm »
thanks for the comments peeps. I'm liking swarmyard I didn't know that one either fits well in a couple of my decks, G.Moto I'm not set on staying Mono black, I do however like to keep my tribal decks 100% to the tribe so no non-rat creatures even though I do like the look of ogre slumlord he's not a rat so its a no go.

hotrodscott

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 12:39:04 am »
Swarmyard rocks! I dropped it to a "3-of" due to a lot of my spells requiring 2 swamps, so i was getting stuck on mana sometimes with 4.  Since you run a lot more 1-swamp spells, you should be fine with a full playset (for sure online where it's not as pricey.)   Have fun! 

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 06:20:28 am »
   @PTyrell, I think that I found some more rats for you. Chittering Rats, drainpipe vermin, gnat miser, gobhobbler rats, gutter skulk, hellhole rats, locust miser, Nezumi bone reader, nezumi ronin, pack rat, ravenous rats, sanity gnawers, rotting rats, scrib nibblers, stronghold rats, swarm of rats.
    Disregard the ones that you already have in your deck. The ones that also cost red to play would help make a nice discard/burn deck for your rats. You could call the deck; "Dark Inflammation" or something like that. If going for a more aggro style this would still help and you could add plenty of pump spells such as sure strike or titan's strength.