deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: [Modern] Need some help trimming a deck...  (Letto 380 volte)

GwydionWolf

• Decks
[Modern] Need some help trimming a deck...
« il: Maggio 31, 2016, 03:30:52 am »
Ok.. so i originally started out with a white-based deck with: http://deck.tk/9guj0g9Q

Turns out... i didnt realize i ended up with 67 cards in the deck (instead of the 61 i was aiming for... and yes.. i know 61 is odd.. but i had my reason.. didnt wanna sacrafice anything to keep the Planeswalker)

Now.. i did my own trimming and came up with: http://deck.tk/0jjR18L0

Had to remove a few lands, which i felt was ok as the deck isnt really that high on the mana-cost for most things... And 2 of the equipment's..

Anyone else see a better way to trim things up a bit to get it back down to 61?
« Ultima modifica: Maggio 31, 2016, 04:31:10 am da GwydionWolf »

Philippe Saner

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Need some help trimming a deck...
« Risposta #1 il: Maggio 31, 2016, 06:22:31 am »
If I were you I'd ditch the blue, the black, and the red. That'll make your deck more consistent while reducing your card count.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Risposta #2 il: Maggio 31, 2016, 08:09:36 am »
   Firstly, find out what the core of the deck is meant to be. Once you do that look at each card and ask yourself; Is this card going to work towards the deck's overall goal or is it just something nice to have? Lots of times I've added cards because I thought they'd help out and then I never draw them. They sit in the deck for that perfect moment when in fact all you had to do was keep the deck simple. If your planeswalkers are that important then focus the deck around them.

wingless

• Decks
« Risposta #3 il: Maggio 31, 2016, 08:57:37 am »
Personally, I would start with something that you want to play. Add cards that work well with it. Then once you understand how those interact with each other, add cards that can make that bond increase. Soon you end up with a list of 40-80 cards. Pick from those the most mana efficient of each variety, and then determine how many you need to reliably find/play them. Build a mana base around it, and then play test it at least 5-10 times without changing parts. Whichever cards ended up staying in your hand, or don't react the way they were inteded get cut, and replaced by something else that can fill the spot.

Building a deck of 1-of in modern is not something I recommend. Nothing will ever fully interact, and the deck will feel a lot slower and clunky.